marzocchi

Captain Seasick
Nov 15, 2006
Lost at Sea
Name
Dat
Boat
Aww Shucks
I took my pops out fishing for an all-day run locally out of Long Beach. My pops had to take off work for quite some time because of some serve back pain. After several months of therapy, shots, and being bed-ridden, he said he is ready to head back to Iowa to his regular job. I decided to test out his back with some of big yellows outside the harbor. We filled the kill-bag with them. After that, he requested I take him out to his favorite type of fishing: rockfishing. We did excellent on the rockfish and ended the evening with some lobstering. Looks like my pops is almost all better. I think I was more tired than he was. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy:

I stopped by Nacho to make some macs and a buy a swig of sardines.

The fleet of boats was at the San Pedro Green Buoy. I stuck to my guns and went to where I found some at the last outing. Here is my pops with the one of the yellows.

It is pretty good fishing when no one is around. But the fleet eventually caught on and I was surrounded. After another skiff ran over my dad’s fish, I felt it was time to go. Besides we had more than enough yellowtail.

Pops asked to go rockfishing, so we did. I have a lot of rockfish spots from all my years of being on the water. I just picked a “red-snapper” waypoint that was the closest, which was just ¾ of a mile away. I don’t know how long it has been since I fished this number but it was loaded.

We went back inside the harbor. I took a quick nap then dropped our hoopnets. No one was around so we had all the lobster in the area crawl into our nets.

Not a bad day at all. See you all next time.

Last edited:

gnehekul

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
Nice to take dad out especially with such a good variety

Team Ball's Out

Jun 18, 2005
Vista
Name
Ray Collier
Boat
23' Sea Swirl Striper
Nice job , looks like a bunch of nice quality bugs as well!

P

Paddyman1

That's a great day with your dad! "Dad, would you like yellow, orange or red today?" You just bagged some good eats for the next few months!

calisnowhunter

Jul 22, 2008
In the boat/in the blind
Name
Bill
Boat
18' westcoaster SOLD
You make it look easy wow. Nice day with dad

trlrtrsh67

Porch Honkey
Nov 22, 2007
Running Springs
Name
Rich
Boat
14' Gregor / IMP 220 Sportsman WA
Doesn't get much better than that report! What did you burn, maybe 10 gallons? Thanks for sharing

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
WOW!!! Look at the grade and collection of the entire catch. . . Congrats to you and Dad on a great day!!

Munnster

Sep 17, 2007
Long Beach, CA
Name
Michael Munn
Boat
20 foot, Searay
What a crappy day! :-) What a great day on the water, especially with your dad! I hope your dad's back gets better.

Red Drum

Paradiddle-diddle
Mar 15, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Name
Capt. Vinnie
Boat
Big Drum-2300 Seaswirl Striper...Red Drum-1500 Duroboat
Nothing but amazing catch reports, as always from Mr. Dat...WTG!

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Cool day for sure!!! Great job! Been in that area many times. There are great rockfish spots. I like that as well as anything !!!

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
Time with dad is priceless. My pops couldn't make our last annual outting to Cedros because of health. Every trip with your Dad is to be cherished. And you guys got a good day of catching to boot. Great job and congrats on creating more memories with your dad.

Reactions: Blackfish

GETSUM

Feb 22, 2007
Name
ERIC G.
Boat
22' ROBALO CC "ON ONE"
DAMN BRO YOU WHACKED THE SHIT OUT OF SOME OF THE BEST EATS! CONGRATS ON A EPIC TRIP!

upperbump

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 7, 2008
H.B.
Name
Mike
Boat
Blackfin
Wish my kid liked to fish. Way to go!!