Logical electronic uprgrades?

Vibora

Aug 18, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Adam
Boat
Yes
I realize this subject has been discussed over and over... Which gear should I install?

I'm greener than green when it comes to electronics so I need help

My 08' Sea Pro 206 has a Raymarine A60 , GPS, transducer. Seems outdated and I'm unable to find any updates. Raymarine we site wasn't helpful.

In any case I'd like to get new gear. Id like to get a larger unit , so should I just mount it on the top of the console( plenty of room ), and leave the existing one in the console, or do I remove the old cut and install new unit in it's place.

Also is it possible that I could re use the existing wires and connectors if I were to stick with Raymarine , or will I need to replace everything ? What all would I need for a complete system ? $2500 budget.

Lastly, anyone skilled enough to help me install ? I'll take you out fishing on .

kindafishy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
i installed my raymarine system, easy plug and play. can't speak for any of the other brands as i've never dealt with them. i think you'll find alot of opinions that will be biased sort of a ford vs. chevy thing.

irob2

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 26, 2010
S.D
Name
robert
Boat
REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
I have a 2007 206 sea pro I put a garmin 7610 xsv with b175hw and the transom month stucture scan bad ass is all I can say

Reactions: Vibora

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Simrad and Garmin are the current top two in marine electronics.

I would contact Semperfifishing. PM him. Then give him a call.

He will steer you right. He's not all about money, more important is that you get what you need not what he wants to sell.

Great guy.

May 17, 2014
Name
Brian Koch
Boat
many from 12- 130 ft
At that budget a Garmin 840xs and a B175 would be my suggestion.