Seafood Safari
Oct 4, 2009
San Diego, CA
www.knoodleshop.com
Name
Dave
Boat
31' Innovator
Went to Rockpile for 0 YT. Went back towards So. Island when a skipper called us in on the IB flats WFO Cuda bite. Every cast was a fish, almost all leagal and some real logs in the mix. Nice to see thjat grade of fish in that big of an area. There must have been a 2 mile square of birds and fish. If you dropped below you had a chance at a wsb.

On the way home, a mile off Point Loma, just 50 yards off the kelp we ran across a great white, slowly swimming our way. My first ever. My boat is 31' and he was easily 1/2 our boat length. I was amazed at the girth of that huge animal. I can see why he's at the top of the food chain. No more body surfing for me!! Great day after a slow start chasing thoses elusive yt.

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Went to Rockpile for 0 YT. Went back towards So. Island when a skipper called us in on the IB flats WFO Cuda bite. Every cast was a fish, almost all leagal and some real logs in the mix. Nice to see thjat grade of fish in that big of an area. There must have been a 2 mile square of birds and fish. If you dropped below you had a chance at a wsb.

On the way home, a mile off Point Loma, just 50 yards off the kelp we ran across a great white, slowly swimming our way. My first ever. My boat is 31' and he was easily 1/2 our boat length. I was amazed at the girth of that huge animal. I can see why he's at the top of the food chain. No more body surfing for me!! Great day after a slow start chasing thoses elusive yt.
I would almost bet money it was a Basking Shark. We are right at the prime time when they start showing up off our coast.... this happens pretty often when we get to this time of year, and it's common for people to mistake them for a great white, as they are very big and impresive!

The unknown fisherman:p:

SauerFish Charters

Captain 100 Ton MNC
Aug 28, 2007
San Diego
www.sauerfishcharters.com
Name
Eric Sauerwein
Boat
42' Uniflite "SauerFish" 6 Pack
Glad to help:Zombie_Ro

mercado

Jul 26, 2006
Chula Vista
Name
John Mercado
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Eric thanks for calling us over my 6 year old son had a blast catching the Cuda after about 25 of them he called it quits.

Mercado

tunakid4321

May 17, 2004
Malibu/San Diego/Boise
Name
Travis
Boat
None
Epic sighting on the GW. I cant wait to see my first.

rodngun762

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 12, 2005
Name
Boat
I would almost bet money it was a Basking Shark. We are right at the prime time when they start showing up off our coast.... this happens pretty often when we get to this time of year, and it's common for people to mistake them for a great white, as they are very big and impresive!

agree, its possible...could be at times hard to tell from distance... or up close even!

quiz.... which is which? :profile:

USMCfish

USMC-FISH
Sep 21, 2010
Point Loma
Name
Lee
Boat
Tuna Can
Thanks for the report, Eric nice meeting with you @ the ramp wish we didnt have radio problems we would of gotten the call ;)

tsurikichi

Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Name
Ron
Boat
10' 2 1/64"
Hi davyflake,

Boy... hope those fish make a stop on the 'Shoe' before they head further up the coast.

Belated welcome to BD and look forward to further reports.

tsurikichi

svue

Sep 7, 2004
Huntington Beach
Name
Vue
Boat
Everglade 290
With the sharkmen show on discovery, you bet it was probably a GW.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
That wouldn't surprise me a bit.
I was in a wide open barrie bite at the south island. When a 12' hammerhead ate all but 8" of a 3' barrie in 1 bite. Came right under the boat. Cool ass shit

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy

Just saw four off Colenet last week. Big boys 20 feet plus.

neversink2

Here fishy fishy fishy...
Oct 9, 2004
HUNTINGTON BEACH
Name
Chris
Boat
31' Cabo Express
Don't worry about surfing in so-cal. The GWs here are juvies and their teeth aren't developed enough for eating mamals yet. They feed on rays and fish according to Sharkmen. That is why we have so few attacks on humans locally but the sharks are here for sure.