loco moco

Discussion in 'Fishing and Hunting Cooking Recipes' started by jagerhunchback, Sep 14, 2010.

1. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    2 cups long grain white rice
    4 cups water
    2 hamburger patties or you can go the super unhealthy jager way and use 1/2 (12 ounce) container Spam sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices

4 eggs, beaten or overeasy ( i like'em overeasy)
    1 (10.5 ounce) can brown gravy, heated

Combine the rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.

Meanwhile, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Fry Spam™ slices until browned. Remove from the skillet, and set aside. Pour the eggs into the skillet; cook and stir until scrambled and cooked through. Set aside.

For each plate, place two scoops of rice, and 1 burger patty (or two slices of spam). Top with brown gravy. two scrambled eggs(or 2 eggs overeasy), then kill'em!!!

2. nalani

nalani Newbie

Name:
    aaron
    Boat:
    blackman billfisher
    loco moco is the shit. my neighbors used to wonder what the hell i was doing cooking burgers in my backyard at 630 am. then one day i invited them over for breakfast. now they make it all the time, even for dinner. it is also good with sauteed onions and sriracha sauce.

3. sand junky

sand junky Newbie

Name:
    sand junky
    Boat:
    17' Pro-Line cc
    spam is "super unhealthy"??? ...why is everything that taste good is always bad for you???

4. JimmyK

JimmyK Fisherman wannabe

Name:
    JimmyK
    Boat:
    17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
    You only live once, enjoy.... BTW Mike, have you tried eating Big City Diner's kim chee fried rice loco moco? You'll forget what day it is...

5. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    i've had it, i'm pretty sure they put heroin in their gravy!!!! it's that addicting.

6. AinokeaJustFish

AinokeaJustFish Newbie

best grub any time of the day. rice, eggs, and spam is a must have in all houses haha.

7. Gaji Lures

Gaji Lures Member

Name:
    Allan
    Loco Moco, unreal with extra brown gravy! But, along with the Spam, over easy eggs on rice, try add some portuguese sausage, little bit shoyu and chili pepper water! It always makes me go sleep there after, only to wake up at lunch time to make another (larger) Loco Moco for lunch!