scbassmaster

twin22s
Sep 8, 2006
san clemente
Name
Brian
Boat Name
1982 Glastron SeaFury216 “Elizabeth”
I got a free morning from the wife and kids the saturday after thanksgiving. Looking to try out some custom trout spinners that I made and even fly fishing for the second time. I'm having trouble deciding where to go. Options are:

West fork SGR,
Lytle Creek or
Santa Ana River,

I've heard all 3 have been affected by fires the last few years. I'm leaning SAR since they did stock it over the summer but it is the farthest drive which means less time to fish. anyway was hoping someone might have been to any of these places recently and give me some insight into conditions. open to meeting up if your free that day too since i'll be solo.

Reactions: jiggermyster

Tom123

Jan 31, 2020
LA
Name
Tom
Boat Name
None
Be careful at SGR as there have been vehicles stolen and broken into there. It's too close to the city.

I like the solitude of the SA River. Peace of mind while keeping your family safe.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Lytle Creek! If slow, don't end up at some local lake in someone's favorite spot. Good Luck!

RamFisherman.gif

Upvote 0

scbassmaster

twin22s
    Sep 8, 2006
    san clemente
    Name
    Brian
    Boat Name
    1982 Glastron SeaFury216 “Elizabeth”
    Update, never made it anywhere, spent a couple hours at the pier and the harbor that weekend and last weekend. tough fishing but did manage a halibut and surf perch from the pier, and 1 spotted bass in the harbor. still have plans to get away for some remote trout fishing but probably won't be until January at this point.

Upvote 0