My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
Yes if you go by the letter of the law a 180 day FMM is good for 1 visit
I can tell you everyone I know uses them for multiple entries because they have no way Way Of tracking......as far as the boat at south island......well who knows wha this will bring???

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
San Diego
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
Yes if you go by the letter of the law a 180 day FMM is good for 1 visit
I can tell you everyone I know uses them for multiple entries because they have no way Way Of tracking......as far as the boat at south island......well who knows wha this will bring???

Lets say you got stopped at Coronado Islands and checked, how would you explain if you were well into the 180 day FMM what you have been doing....fishing for 160 straight days in mexican waters? LOL

Upvote 0

oceanjake

May 10, 2005
Long Beach
Name
Jake
Boat
36’ Tiara Express
I would imagine when they stamp the visa, it is with a DATE. You should have 180 days from that date to use a 6 month visa (FM3)...or three days from that date on a regular FMM. Someone correct me if I'm wrong? We need this figured out asap.
Does anyone know where you get an FM3?

Upvote 0

Rocketscyther

Jul 7, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Michael
Boat
M&M Candy
Screw it!!! I am not going to Mexico with my boat until all this paperwork BS is taken care of... or hopefully, tossed out.

Upvote 0

kimorb

Almost A Member
Sep 10, 2005
Golden Hill
Name
Richard Baldwin
Boat
I wish
Anybody actually bother to actually talk to the guys at the consulate rather than fucking around with second hand info from random dudes on the web ? I did. Seems quite simple when they explain it.

Upvote 0

Sea Esta

Captain
Jul 14, 2005
Laguna Beach.......... San Quintin B.C.N
Name
Roy
Boat
MAKO Home Port San Quintin Baja
Lets say you got stopped at Coronado Islands and checked, how would you explain if you were well into the 180 day FMM what you have been doing....fishing for 160 straight days in mexican waters? LOL

I would say the same thing as the guy who drove down by land with boat in tow, got a stamped 180 day FMM, and has been hanging out in the La Salina area for the past 160 days.

Upvote 0

yellowklr

Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
Anybody actually bother to actually talk to the guys at the consulate rather than fucking around with second hand info from random dudes on the web ? I did. Seems quite simple when they explain it.

ok tell us

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC

It doesn't matter what you tell them.

look at it like a gift certificate (LOL gawd that's funny LOL).... it's good for 180 days, redeemable whenever you wish within that time. It's just basically a way to pre purchase one and have it standing by and ready for a spur of the moment trip where going to pick-up a Visa just became one less thing to deal with.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

yellowklr

Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
also to consider just because you get some info from the consulate or Immigration or even
President of Mexico himself doesn't mean the guy checking you stuff will have the same understanding...............As we know this country is very backwards and unorganized

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
also to consider just because you get some info from the consulate or Immigration or even
President of Mexico himself doesn't mean the guy checking you stuff will have the same understanding...............As we know this country is very backwards and unorganized

Yeeeep

misc_pics_045.jpg

Upvote 0

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
Why don't they just charge 4 times the amount for a Mex. license if they are just trying to raise some cash.They have complicated the system by wanting Visa's and FMM's. For you guys that are fishing down south this year, please let some swim by so I can pick them off on our side of the border.
icon10.gif

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
San Diego
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
It doesn't matter what you tell them.

look at it like a gift certificate (LOL gawd that's funny LOL).... it's good for 180 days, redeemable whenever you wish within that time. It's just basically a way to pre purchase one and have it standing by and ready for a spur of the moment trip where going to pick-up a Visa just became one less thing to deal with.

ok, that makes sense...I was thinking you we're tied to the stamped start date

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
It is my understanding that some sportboats are chosing to run to mexico without the fmm's. Their stance is the policy has never changed (from the past) so why try to buy into it now.This regulation is not new, just brought to light by a few mexican companies trying to drum up some extra revenue. For all we know the january issue with the Malahini down at the islands (with the mexican navy) could have been nothing more than a bribe from those same companies wanting to drive their point home. Comfusing you bet. I should note I have not fished mexico this year so I should shut the f#@K up.

Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
tourism numbers in Mexico are up.....December saw over a million tourist up 13% from last December......Over half were Americans.

they had a record number of American S Spring Break

Your private boat boycott is not going to mean much to Mexican authorities.

Upvote 0