Tailman

Sep 15, 2003
Cerritos
Visit site
Name
Lal Parsonge
Boat
18ft Pacific Inflat. Tailman
Launched at Davies at 5:45 with Big Dave and my son Scott. Plan was to go to Cat maybe or RP. Was greeted with dence fog so Cat was out with no radar. Slowly worked our way up the breakwall to Pedro exit and out to the shoe-vis got better to 300 ft. A very slow pic on the bass with water 64 degrees and no current-fog was very wet too-uck !! Worked our way towards LB hitting many stones with little success. Decided to run out to the rigs and found some current but the fish werent hungry. We saw school after school of bait balls for miles-water up to 66 and vis up to 500 ft. Saw a school of breaking tails and ran fast to the area but they sank out and didnt come back up while we were in the area.
Decided to run out to the 14 mile bank, water was 71 and beautiful blue, still no wind at 10:30am.Boxed the entire bank trolling for no hits or meter marks. Lots of bait everywhere, just no fishBack at the dock at 3:30 and the wind started and the fog cleared about 12:30.A nice boatride-90 miles and 14 gals of gas !! Next time !!

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
A nice boat ride-90 miles and 14 gals of gas!!

Now that's sweet mileage indeed!
Agree not going to CAT in fog without radar, good call IMO.

Upvote 0
Jun 19, 2005
Los Angeles
Name
Vic
Boat
Wellcraft Bay 195
I was on my way to Catalina this past Saturday and dolphins, birds, yt were going crazy just outside the shoe. Saw some go airborne. Didn’t stop because it was downwind and it was getting kinda gnarly out there for my boat. Tried to make the crossing before dark and luckily did..lots and lots of yt!

Upvote 0