apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
It is going to blow like crazy for sure by Monday but do not be surprised if it happens sooner...

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Jul 3, 2012
Carpinteria
Name
Paul
Boat
226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
Front page news, SB News Press, possible bug closer due to domoic acid
X2 on the weather, plus 3-4 at 8 seconds, preping for posieden adventure just like last year, was 5 at 8,had a couple close calls, be safe guys, I do the 14'er, much more maneuverable than my Cabo.

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
There's no lobsters out there! Everyone should just Stay Home !

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Be careful guys.......No bug is worth your life!!!

Nearly every year we lose one or more due to a diving accident or boating mishap.

Stay safe!!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
So where are the bug reports?
the guys I talked to said it was full combat fishing for few lobsters. Total shit show. tonight will be worse.....

No Im not trying to thin the herd because I'm going....I aint going.

Reactions: Bottom Line

Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
the guys I talked to said it was full combat fishing for few lobsters. Total shit show. tonight will be worse.....

No Im not trying to thin the herd because I'm going....I aint going.
Screw that...I'll wait a bit. I'm a mid-week sort of guy anyway.

Blackfish

Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Sep 20, 2005
In a Pineapple, under the sea.
Name
Lee Obvious
Boat
50' Hatteras
This just in, Lobster season has been cancelled due to rare toxic bacteria found in inshore lobsters from Long Beach to San Diego. Commercial trappers have been hauling gear all day.

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
If you don't have nets, how many hooks can you use for lobsters? Is it 6 hooks like you can use for rockfish?

j

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt

Blackfish

Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Sep 20, 2005
In a Pineapple, under the sea.
Name
Lee Obvious
Boat
50' Hatteras
9/27/16-Lobster opener postponed until further testing.
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) coordinates a routine monitoring program along the California coast to sample lobster and crab tissue and other shellfish like clams and scallops for the presence of Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP) and domoic acid toxins. Commercial harvesters are also required to provide weekly shellfish samples to CDPH for PSP toxin assay and domoic acid analysis. The past week, toxin levels have been high enough, to require the issuing of warnings and quarantines in areas from Santa Barba to San Diego to protect the recreational fishing public and shellfish consumers.

CDPH also has a coastwide, monthly seawater monitoring program which detects the naturally occurring, microscopic algae that produce PSP and domoic acid toxins. When toxin levels begin increasing, CDPH may expand its mussel sampling effort to include other seafood species. If toxin levels increase quickly beyond the federal alert level for either toxin, then CDPH may immediately issue a health advisory for all potentially impacted seafood species in the affected region......

:D

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
I just bought one of those commercial style traps.Boy do they work good ,two day soak and we had way more then we needed:rockin:

frazier

Dec 25, 2012
frazierpark ca usa
Name
gordon grant
Boat
30' seaway ( sold ) 22' privateer
9/27/16-Lobster opener postponed until further testing.
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) coordinates a routine monitoring program along the California coast to sample lobster and crab tissue and other shellfish like clams and scallops for the presence of Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP) and domoic acid toxins. Commercial harvesters are also required to provide weekly shellfish samples to CDPH for PSP toxin assay and domoic acid analysis. The past week, toxin levels have been high enough, to require the issuing of warnings and quarantines in areas from Santa Barba to San Diego to protect the recreational fishing public and shellfish consumers.

CDPH also has a coastwide, monthly seawater monitoring program which detects the naturally occurring, microscopic algae that produce PSP and domoic acid toxins. When toxin levels begin increasing, CDPH may expand its mussel sampling effort to include other seafood species. If toxin levels increase quickly beyond the federal alert level for either toxin, then CDPH may immediately issue a health advisory for all potentially impacted seafood species in the affected region......

:D
No this is still a bunch of bullshit , probably your saying all this to decrease compatition for your lobster fishing efforts. I called sacremento and talked to the biolagist and they said the recente testing of lobsters is in the safe levels and the SEASON IS OPEN !!!

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt

did you say F I S H I N G ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
No this is still a bunch of bullshit , probably your saying all this to decrease compatition for your lobster fishing efforts. I called sacremento and talked to the biolagist and they said the recente testing of lobsters is in the safe levels and the SEASON IS OPEN !!!

HOOOOOOKKKKKKKUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPP!

......it's a biggun! Maybe a baby wheel!

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
That is exactly how I eat lobster tails. Cut them in half, salt, pepper and olive oil.

On the grill. Cut lemon in half, and put that on the grill as well.

When the tails are done I squeeze the caramelized lemon juice on the tails and eat. No dipping sauce needed. It's the only way after all these years that I will eat them. Nice, simple and clean. Plus, you really get to taste the lobster.

j