Lobster Report 11-7-15

PENN
Apr 26, 2005
So Cal
Name
Glendon
Boat
Grady White 257 Advance
Hooped somewhere in Santa Monica Bay Saturday with my dad. It was VERY windy early, but died around 8ish. Slow night as we only got 3 legals. Probably 20-25 shorts for the night. Nice to be out though.

20151107_224728.jpg

Upvote 0

duckbutter6a

Florida man living in SoCal
Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
I heard there was a GOOD crawl Saturday night. I went out Sunday and didnt get a single bug. Talked to some divers at the ramp and they stated they only saw a few while diving. They stated that Saturday they all limited out.

Reactions: GettinUglysSon
Upvote 0

onemorcast

Almost A Member
Feb 6, 2007
Torrance
Name
Scott
Boat
none
Thanks for the report, I love hooping in g he upper bay. Trying to learn some new areas in the southern part of the bay/PV sine the boat was moved down to King Harbor. Does anyome know if commercial lobster fishing is legal in Santa Monica Bay?

Upvote 0

ISLAND BOUND

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 18, 2006
Orange County
Name
Mike
Boat
26 striper White Knuckles
Hooped somewhere in Santa Monica Bay Saturday with my dad. It was VERY windy early, but died around 8ish. Slow night as we only got 3 legals. Probably 20-25 shorts for the night. Nice to be out though.

Good to know, havent been up there in a couple years. I have been out once to the island, hooped one of my spots that usually produces easy limits. We pulled sooo many shorts I couldnt count if I wanted to. Still got 18 legal for 50 pulls but that is way off.

I think this warm water has changed the mating cycle and the breeders are hunkered down and the kids are out playing. I think it will get better in a month or so

Upvote 0

onemorcast

Almost A Member
Feb 6, 2007
Torrance
Name
Scott
Boat
none
I heard somewhere that commercial lobster fishing is not allowed in SMB!! But I could be wrong!! :D

I heard the same, however there seems to be a ton of commercial pots in a line extending out from Rocky point for quite a ways. I would think that would be considered Santa Monica Bay. I have never seen any in my spots up near Marina Del Rey and North so maybe there is a cut off line or something. But man those things are all over PV, it's totally insane.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Well 3 is greater than zero. John.

Upvote 0

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
Sounds about right this year in SMB. We did get 11 legals on Saturday but this season has been slow with a lot of shorts. Slowest season I have seen since I started hooping with Vince 13 or 14 years ago.

And yes, no commercial lobstering in SMB from Surf Rider in Malibu south to Redondo from my understanding. And lets all hope it stays that way.

j

Upvote 0