live2fish

I've got bugs...
Apr 3, 2005
North OC
Name
Eric
Boat
14' livingston cat, 15’ radon, Parker 2320 @ez_sportfishing
For all who love bugs it's that time of the year. Since no one else has posted any bug threads about catching ill kick it off!
Tonight was an epic crawl and with our new hoopnets we put a hurt on them.

We got double limits in 30 mins and just shy of triple limits in 1:45 fished till our bait tubes were empty and I have work at 4 am so we didnt bother makin more bait. Nice score for a quickie.

19 legals 20 or so clickers and only 5-6 shrimp haha
image.jpg

Fished our "secret reef" in long beach area but apparently it's no longer a secret considering the 4 other boats trying to fish it. It's all about positioning the others only pulled 5-6 bugs by the time we left.

Upvote 0

Team Ball's Out

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 18, 2005
Vista
Name
Ray Collier
Boat
23' Sea Swirl Striper
Nice job.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
More and more hoopers each year. My secret spots are always a crowd by the 2nd or 3rd week. Yours must have been really a secret, It drew a crowd opening weekend! LOL

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
The big one makes all the others look like shorts, until you compare them to the net. Nice job.

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
I don't like the real big ones. But hard to let go. Most won't. I think it needs to be fixed different. Was grainy n tough. But it's a awesome bug. It must be forty. We did not catch any shorts last nite. But only 8 for three of us. One was about two lbs. no tuna or skipjack. Only mackerel. Boats on my three spots. Fished up against oil platform. But a couple others had same idea.... Lol

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
For all who love bugs it's that time of the year. Since no one else has posted any bug threads about catching ill kick it off!
Tonight was an epic crawl and with our new hoopnets we put a hurt on them.

We got double limits in 30 mins and just shy of triple limits in 1:45 fished till our bait tubes were empty and I have work at 4 am so we didnt bother makin more bait. Nice score for a quickie.

19 legals 20 or so clickers and only 5-6 shrimp haha
View attachment 546493

Fished our "secret reef" in long beach area but apparently it's no longer a secret considering the 4 other boats trying to fish it. It's all about positioning the others only pulled 5-6 bugs by the time we left.
#really. Awesome. If you have a way to cool big ones I've 6 or so let me know. I see one on a dive spot of mine that's huge!!!! But can't get him!!! Legally anyway. He is under a shelf. And hoops dropped at edge don't get him/her size of yours at least. Seen for five years. I don't cheat with mops or sticks I only use legal methods. I have guided hoops down to edge then hot back on boat. Then came back hours later. Get good ones but not "Lenny" as we call him. Lol

Upvote 0