hobie20

Learner's Permit
Jun 18, 2012
SANTEE/CA/USA
Name
Mike
Boat
Kelly - 23' CC Boston Whaler, Green T-top, 225 SWSII
Left Mission Bay at sunset. Dropped ten hoop nets in 50 feet of water about 50 yards between nets. Soaked the nets about an hour before pulling them. We did three pulls in about the same place. Lots of shorts. 3 keepers here. Tried three deeper locations on the last pull. Two straight west in about 75 feet of water, one in 90 feet. One of the two at 75 feet had two keepers, one short. Less lobster, better quality. Maybe a longer soak would help. The other at this depth was a blank. The one at 90 feet was also a blank. We tried to set away from the commercial pots.

Also, bought salmon heads at Dana Landing, expensive but huge. I think it was money well spent.

Back on the trailer before 10:00PM.

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Left Mission Bay at sunset. Dropped ten hoop nets in 50 feet of water about 50 yards between nets. Soaked the nets about an hour before pulling them. We did three pulls in about the same place. Lots of shorts. 3 keepers here. Tried three deeper locations on the last pull. Two straight west in about 75 feet of water, one in 90 feet. One of the two at 75 feet had two keepers, one short. Less lobster, better quality. Maybe a longer soak would help. The other at this depth was a blank. The one at 90 feet was also a blank. We tried to set away from the commercial pots.

Also, bought salmon heads at Dana Landing, expensive but huge. I think it was money well spent.
View attachment 1236185
Back on the trailer before 10:00PM.
Salmon Heads are great but the seals love them too.

Thanks for the report!

Upvote 0