El Chiva

Almost A Member
May 23, 2010
Hb, ca
Name
Nomad
Boat
Parker 2120 Nomad
Hooped tonight, got limits by 9pm (28 total.)

Mack’s for bait, hooped in 15-35 foot of water in Newport.

Lots of people out tonight.....but it was def respectful.

there was one idiot out there using boat fenders in place of buoys with zero lights on them and no weight on the tag end. I sucked two of them up in my prop within an hour. Sorry to who ever those belonged to, you’re going to be short two hoops due to my knife blade.

figure it out, it’s dangerous.

Awesome night besides all the floating lines.

B3435BA4-89D3-4D5A-862B-B57D178AF827.jpeg 0CFBA002-6FFB-428A-B5F0-33283B059575.jpeg

Upvote 0

El Chiva

Almost A Member
May 23, 2010
Hb, ca
Name
Nomad
Boat
Parker 2120 Nomad
Yeah, outboard.....pretty much had 30 feet of line floating up top.....got fouled around 20 feet from the jetty..cleared it....then got fouled another 20 mins later.

pretty incredible. Best part is....the boat fender was black with blue line.

Not cool

that is almost a good report... early limit but fouled prop. i take it u have an outboard.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Way to go for you and your 3 friends.

I don't go out opening night because the crowd and idiots. Hopefully he will either catch on or loose all his hoops to mistakes before he takes a boat out with him , and goes back to chasing boats for fish in daylight. :frehya2:

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Awesome buggin'!

These idiots with floating line and no lights have no clue how dangerous they are. When I catch dudes like this, I give 'em a much needed earful.

Upvote 0

nick worn

Aug 30, 2016
    san diego
    Name
    I-farted in
    Boat
    Your mother
    Where does the "kayak' portion of your title come into play?

Was there some kayaks causing issues? I was out opening day and got 5 "no need to measures", didn't hear to much battling going on, but did find a few hoops floating with no weights as the 7' tide swing rolled in.

oh yea i have a plastic yacht! :boobies:

Lobster.jpg

Upvote 0

Robdog1

Well known member
    Oct 23, 2018
    Newport Beach
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
    I’d love to know where you guys were, we were out over in the CDM area and got one legal, about 30 babies, a pissed off horn shark, and a couple sheep crabs that were bigger than my head. Def not worth it for us. That wasn’t you that flagged us down with a wrapped prop off the East jetty was it? If so, Harbor patrol is ALWAYS on 16 or 12.

Upvote 0

ja73

Almost A Member
    Sep 1, 2017
    SGV
    Name
    Jay
    Boat
    Arima SC16
    We had a few genesis's in Long Beach that used CLEAR water bottles as floats, no lights, no reflective tape and a trail of floating line, WTF.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    I’d love to know where you guys were, we were out over in the CDM area and got one legal, about 30 babies, a pissed off horn shark, and a couple sheep crabs that were bigger than my head. Def not worth it for us. That wasn’t you that flagged us down with a wrapped prop off the East jetty was it? If so, Harbor patrol is ALWAYS on 16 or 12.
    Flagged you down and you didn't respond?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Robdog1

Well known member
    Oct 23, 2018
    Newport Beach
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
    Flagged you down and you didn't respond?
    Oh yeah we did. Obviously it wasn’t you. Some dumbass wrapped his prop (with 2 engines) by himself on like a 30ft Grady White. Once we got done laughing at the fact he couldn’t figure out what channel HP was on and that he could lift the engine up we went over there. Plus he didn’t know how to use an anchor. Get the whole story before you assume next time m’kay sweetie?

Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
    Jun 11, 2015
    Dana Point
    Name
    L J
    Boat
    arima - the SLIDER
    Genesis's....... Lol, just lol.

Geniuses

Thanks for your "spelling monitor" services.

My BD Outdoors self-appointed duties are making sure things are posted in the right forum along with a bit of picture policing. Once in a while I bag on Dave for shits and giggles.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Oh yeah we did. Obviously it wasn’t you. Some dumbass wrapped his prop (with 2 engines) by himself on like a 30ft Grady White. Once we got done laughing at the fact he couldn’t figure out what channel HP was on and that he could lift the engine up we went over there. Plus he didn’t know how to use an anchor. Get the whole story before you assume next time m’kay sweetie?
    Take it easy there big guy you left that part out, I asked a question and you answered it thank you sir!

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320

there was one idiot out there using boat fenders in place of buoys with zero lights on them and no weight on the tag end. I sucked two of them up in my prop within an hour. Sorry to who ever those belonged to, you’re going to be short two hoops due to my knife blade.

View attachment 1073504 View attachment 1073505

View attachment 1073504 View attachment 1073505
    Great job! Never had any luck in Newport, your report gives me hope.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    This post has been entertaining! I wish I knew how to photo shop. That was classic!

Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
    Jul 26, 2007
    Northridge, CA
    Name
    Donald W. Clarke III
    Boat
    11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
    Yay, dig the Genesis hooping team gag!

But, where does the kayak combat come in? Former kayaker wants to know.

Good fishin'!
    BDC OK

Upvote 0

El Chiva

Almost A Member
    May 23, 2010
    Hb, ca
    Name
    Nomad
    Boat
    Parker 2120 Nomad
    in my opinion.....some kayaks are not properly lit, and seem to come out of no where. properly lighting them up, so they're not being mistaken for a buoy is kind of important.

Where does the "kayak' portion of your title come into play?

Was there some kayaks causing issues? I was out opening day and got 5 "no need to measures", didn't hear to much battling going on, but did find a few hoops floating with no weights as the 7' tide swing rolled in.

oh yea i have a plastic yacht! :boobies:

View attachment 1074390

Upvote 0

El Chiva

Almost A Member
    May 23, 2010
    Hb, ca
    Name
    Nomad
    Boat
    Parker 2120 Nomad
    No, def not me, we had the prop wrapped twice and cut both of them pretty quickly, and saved what rope we could from getting dumped over, not enough line left of tag end, and boat fenders were unlit.

Upvote 0