yeloslyr

Almost A Member
Sep 16, 2007
newport beach
Name
jazz moorhead
Boat
18ft CC panga
This is a one of a kind custom 17ft Boston Whaler Montauk that stands out from all the others! This 1983 hull was stripped down to the bare bones in 2016 and was built back up to make it the perfect SoCal skiff. This boat has been my baby for the past few years and I have fished it all over the place from San Clemente island to offshore banks off San Diego, but I just don't have the time anymore to use it. Here are some of the features (I'm sure I am forgetting some):

-1983 17ft Montauk
-2016 Suzuki 90hp Outboard (196hrs) 5mpg+ With 6 year transferable warranty
-Baystar Hydraulic Steering
-2010 Pacific Trailer w/ foldable tongue

-Custom Center Console
-Custom Seat Console (houses 26 gallon fuel tank/ additional room for storage)
-Custom front deck extension w/ waterproof hatch for additional storage
-Removable 26 gallon Bait tank
-24v 80lb Minn Kota Riptide w/ autopilot feature and remote control or foot pedal steering capabilities
-Brand new bottom paint

Electronics
-Optima Blue Top Starting battery
-Hummingbird 998si (side imaging)
-Standard Horizon VHF + Shakespear antenna
-Bluetooth Stereo System
-Blue Sea Systems 4 Rocker Switch Panel
-LED Navigation Lights
-Perko Battery Switch

Please call or text for more details. (949 637 2447). $16,500 OBO

IMG_8699-L.jpg

IMG_7305-L.jpg

IMG_2108-L.jpg

IMG_3652-L.jpg

IMG_6003-L.jpg

IMG_5775-L.jpg

IMG_4460-L.jpg

IMG_2097-L.jpg

IMG_2490-L.jpg

IMG_1711-L.jpg

IMG_1812-L.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2017
california
Name
cv
Boat
Anderson 26
Nice boat, good luck with sale.

Looks like you took your time putting in some detailed work, and that'll definitely help the sale, but man. 20k for a 17 87 montauk. Always "one of a kind custom". When does the madness end.

Upvote 0

|HEX|

Feb 1, 2014
Oxnard, California
Name
Hector F
Boat
"Blue Dream II" Parker 2320sl
Nice boat, good luck with sale.

Looks like you took your time putting in some detailed work, and that'll definitely help the sale, but man. 20k for a 17 87 montauk. Always "one of a kind custom". When does the madness end.
He also put "OBO"! I sold mine for $14k in worse condition, it did have a Pacific Pilot house, badass electronics and 2015 Honda 90 low hours though. People buy these skiffs because they are inexpensive to operate and seaworthy as hell. Good luck with the sale OP.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2017
california
Name
cv
Boat
Anderson 26
You also had a brand new 90 on it with the warranty. The outboard alone was half the reason to buy it for your reasonableish price on it. The electronics were alright. Nothing can be that bad ass if its not through hull.

Upvote 0

|HEX|

Feb 1, 2014
Oxnard, California
Name
Hector F
Boat
"Blue Dream II" Parker 2320sl
You also had a brand new 90 on it with the warranty. The outboard alone was half the reason to buy it for your reasonableish price on it. The electronics were alright. Nothing can be that bad ass if its not through hull.
Unfortunately due to the foam filled interior a Through hull transducer is a no go. Either way the elctronics were bad ass imo. 20k price is what he's asking, obviously, and he's willing to negotiate. No need for the negativity

Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
My Hds gen 3 lowarance dosent have a thru hull either and its great , i have a 21 foot outrage in my garage in mexico with a 250 Suzuki on the back , you dont buy a whaler for a thru hull mount transducer, you buy a boston whaler for the great boats they are, the name says it all , nice clean boat you have its shows pride of ownership, good luck with the sale

Upvote 0

Tuna Vic

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
Forget the kids,I’d like to own that skiff for myself as an old guy,don’t have that kinda scratch available,wish I did,wish you well with Sale!

Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
Through hull transducer are done on Whalers of all sizes. You need to hole saw out the top skin & foam down to the inner hull bottom. Prepare the cut out section with Fiberglass covering the open foam to seal the hull. Drill the appropriate hole in the bottom and install your transducer. Basically you’ve created a cup sealing the hull and it leaves you a perfect spot to tighten down the nut on the transducer shaft. We gel coat them after fiberglassing for a factory finish. This is the way it’s been done at Boston Whaler at least as far back as ‘68 that I have seen.

Reactions: |HEX|
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
what's the box for in front of the bait tank ? seat and what else ?

Upvote 0

yeloslyr

Almost A Member
Sep 16, 2007
newport beach
Name
jazz moorhead
Boat
18ft CC panga
That box houses the 26 gallon fuel tank along with any tackle bags, life jackets, or random things to get them off the deck. For those who haven’t fished on a stock 17’ Montauk, there is virtually no storage, so that is why I added the box and extended the front deck.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
That box houses the 26 gallon fuel tank along with any tackle bags, life jackets, or random things to get them off the deck. For those who haven’t fished on a stock 17’ Montauk, there is virtually no storage, so that is why I added the box and extended the front deck.
yes i owned one for 20 years, we made a self across the back gas and bait pump underneath , bait tank on top .

why no bow or side rails... as the gunneles are low ?

Upvote 0