ksmith

Aug 27, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
Keoni
Boat
lifevest for now...lol
Howzit Everybody,
Hit up the LL buoy today with some action. Left Haleiwa around 5:30am caught some Opelu then headed towards LL. About 3/4 of the way there had a nice Marlin stike on a 5" blue and pink lure but spit the hook quick. Then took a Mahi just outside the buoy. Only a few birds around LL but we were picking up blind strikes on some Otado, caught 3 between 20-22lbs and lost 1. Picked up an Aku then headed in. The water was awesome today. Good luck to everyone this weekend and be safe.
Keoni

aj1976

Apr 14, 2008
kaneohe
Name
aj
Boat
23 Seacraft
Nice fat akus! Were you baiting the LL at all w/ the opelus? Any takers over there? Was thinking of going there yesterday but changed plans.

ksmith

Aug 27, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
Keoni
Boat
lifevest for now...lol
Hey thanks you guys. We had 3- 7" lures, 2 on the outriggers 1 in the center, 2- 5" on the sides and 2- 4" Aku lures on the corners. The Marlin hit the 5" on the side then the Mahi took the same lure so we switched out the 7" with 5" and caught the bigger akus. Took most of everything on the same 5" lure, she was getting worked. I was stoked since it was the first lure I actually tied myself....lol. We catch Opelu just about every trip out but been eating more than using for bait. Going again tomorrow but we only have a half day charter so not sure of the plan yet since LL is a pretty good ride, but it's been producing pretty good lately or maybe we just getting lucky. Hopefully the wind wont be too bad tomorrow and we get into something. Until then take easy.
Keoni