Almost A Member
Aug 31, 2020
HUNTINGTON BEACH
Name
barry skaggs
Boat
C-Dory TomCat
I feel your pain brother.

I think there are mainly two groups of boaters out on the water these days.

Group #1- ”oblivious”. For this group there is still hope for correction, as often they just don’t know/understand proper etiquette in a given situation.

Group #2- Fill in your favorite adjective for these self-centered individuals. I think for many (most?) in this group the ship has already sailed (pun intended) on changing their behavior in these situations.

I just wonder what the ratio is between the two groups on any given Sunday?

Reactions: Nick Cervantes

skrilla

allirks
  • May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat
    Camo Whammo
    thisbusinesswillgetoutofcontrol.png

Reactions: Nick Cervantes

John56434

Idk what to name dis
    Aug 1, 2019
    West side
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishing boat
    Snotty day too! Too bad you can't "signal" them with a flare gun, just a friendly reminder you are too close, and your mama raised you wrong! My friend got run over and almost lost his leg, his dive buddy died, (prop to the head) spearfishing at cat.
    That was the call from last year. It was horrible.

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 1, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
    Boat
    19 SeaPro
    Snotty day too! Too bad you can't "signal" them with a flare gun, just a friendly reminder you are too close, and your mama raised you wrong! My friend got run over and almost lost his leg, his dive buddy died, (prop to the head) spearfishing at cat.
    Yes Otto- sad...dove a ton with Pete, did no know Stone.
    I never met Stone. I saw Pete in the hospital in Long Beach sometime in the 90s I think. About 15 years since I've seen Pete.

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 1, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
    Boat
    19 SeaPro
    Yes Otto- sad...dove a ton with Pete, did no know Stone.
    Previous to the accident I heard the story that Pete had shot a 200 pound plus grouper and didn't get his feet in front of him. As a result Pete was drug through the water behind this giant. Pete had released some line from the spear gun reel and surfaced near the boat going 5 to 10 mph behind this fish. You were probably onboard and watched him go by. Sounds like you had a lot of good times. I hope Pete is doing good. He's a good guy. I drove his brother up to see him in the hospital. That was a terrible day that should never be repeated.

surf launch

Dec 27, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    14 ft Livingston and 12'aluminum skiffs
    My Klamath just showed up, ordered back in October. Who knows when outboard motors will arrive in North America again........hopefully before Christmas!

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
    west coast
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    a fish killing center console
    Slow day as expected but ended up getting hit on the right one on a fly line Mack.

Pumped.! Right kind, away from kelp, everything should work out, right?

Wrong!!

This Kook in a Klamath 17-19 ft CC decides to run 25 yards off our port side cause he sees me bent. Fish was on the up and down but decided to dump line and Bee line towards the track of the Center console.

zing, pow. Boat ran over my fish. Line came back completely frayed from being In prop of that boat. Im in Complete disbelief that It happened. Plenty of space, not too much boat traffic. Why? He’s probably he same type of fisherman that trails sport boats. Boater had no remorse and decided to take off after my hooting and hollering.

Woke up this morning still pissed and finding the need to vent. I hope the D-bag reads this and feels like a jackass.

If you’re lucky, you get 1 or 2 shots on these spring yellows and that’s it. If you see someone bent, stay the fuck away. There’s no need to get within casting distance of another boat. Fish swim. I will seek my revenge at the jewel soon. But until then, a sour taste in my mouth.

Happy Monday

control your fish, sir, and these things won't happen.

KID CREOLE

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 19, 2003
    San Pedro, Ca.
    www.yayacalls.com
    Name
    Stefan
    Boat
    Grady White 263 Chase
    If someone gets so close to me that he picks up my line I will free spool it and give him a reel full of braid.

See its a win win, sure I have to buy more braid but I will sleep well knowing this dick head will like be buying a new lower unit

walter heim

Feb 20, 2021
    San Diego
    Name
    walter heim
    Boat
    Bayrunner
    I have a vlalco bayrunner (now made by Klamath). Back then, they made them to leak. Last year I noticed oil dripping onto the driveway. I pulled the prop and there was a wad of grass. I pulled it off, but it went under the seal. I had to pull the hub out to clear all the grass. I would have been surprised if it was line as I will keep a respectable distance away from any other boat hooked up. I am usually not around other boats anyway as I prefer to fish away from the pack.

I was cut off on a wsb many years ago by a boat that got too close. The guy was oblivious that he cut me off. Just a beginner, so he was forgiven.

ranchero

fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge
    Apr 29, 2004
    SD
    Name
    Al
    Boat
    25 skipjack -Albatross
    While waiting for a multi-year repower I been fishing lj on my inflatable. Been thinking about a new gun..w float etc. Im kind scratching my head w a the idiots. 4 5 years ago I was coming back through after fishing 10 mi out of encinitas. I think it was Arizona kids in daddys 50 ft sportie almost ran my ass right over while i was trolling macks. They were autopilot 22kts. I was pissed. Cg did nothing. I was ready to storm that boat pirate style w eyepatch and machete. I should have got the boat name and done a custom paint job at 2a. If my kids were with me, I'd still be in the brig....

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
    Oceanside Ca
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
    If you’re forced to deal with entitled asshats, this should take care of it.
    It might be a bit extreme but I have actually been looking into acquiring an LRAD setup. Lotsa different uses....
    Oh man I want one for my boat and truck!

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
    Sep 16, 2019
    United States
    Name
    Bud
    Boat
    Formula 233
    Oh man I want one for my boat and truck!
    The shocking thing is what they cost, I decided that they definitely weren’t worth the cost and space they take up. A much cheaper and just as effective solution that I decided to build is an ultrasound field gun. Readily available plans, and if you know anything about electrical engineering or UHF generation, they can be readily hot rodded for much greater range. It’s compact and draws very little power considering it’s output. Best of all, it’s completely legal to possess.
    The test of my latest version was letting the wife test it on me from 150’ away. A 2 second blast was pretty damn bad; nausea, nasty burning sensation, and a feeling like a thousand ants were crawling all over me.
    I don’t think I’m going to run out of uses for this thing.