Inshore LJ 4/18- KooK of the day KLAMATH CC

Jul 14, 2014
Name
nickc5
Boat
N/A
Slow day as expected but ended up getting hit on the right one on a fly line Mack.

Pumped.! Right kind, away from kelp, everything should work out, right?

Wrong!!

This Kook in a Klamath 17-19 ft CC decides to run 25 yards off our port side cause he sees me bent. Fish was on the up and down but decided to dump line and Bee line towards the track of the Center console.

zing, pow. Boat ran over my fish. Line came back completely frayed from being In prop of that boat. Im in Complete disbelief that It happened. Plenty of space, not too much boat traffic. Why? He’s probably he same type of fisherman that trails sport boats. Boater had no remorse and decided to take off after my hooting and hollering.

Woke up this morning still pissed and finding the need to vent. I hope the D-bag reads this and feels like a jackass.

If you’re lucky, you get 1 or 2 shots on these spring yellows and that’s it. If you see someone bent, stay the fuck away. There’s no need to get within casting distance of another boat. Fish swim. I will seek my revenge at the jewel soon. But until then, a sour taste in my mouth.

Happy Monday

HBsurf fisher
HBsurf fisher
I hate fishing weekends, I know we have to if the weather and bite is on, guys fishing weekdays seem to get it. Sunday at Davies launch, the wooden board that raises when you pay was smashed off, trash everywhere (no trash cans) ramp is blocked and there is a guys truck getting pulled off the ramp by another boater, I notice his back tires skidding, I yell parking brake "weekend chit show"

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
MAJOR:
"What do you think of the Klamath 19 guy's saw job"?
GUNNY HIGHWAY
"You can't fix stupid, road or ocean" LOL

gunny.jpg

woolybugger

Mar 7, 2006
San pedro
Name
Aaron
Boat
Parker 1801 cc
Thats incredibly frusterating and its not even summer yet .
Had a a guy try to run me down at la jolla while spearfishing a few years back. He started doing circles around me yelling tangled my floatline in his prop cutting it and ripped my speargun out of my hands. I luckily found it floating later.
I guess he was angry that i shot a yellow but dont know what made him so irate i was anchored up first and was the only boat for a mile or so. The coast guard was called but not sure if he was caught. Ive seen some incredibly disrespectful things go down at la jolla including a powerboat purposely swamping kayakers for fun.

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
With all of the new boats/boaters and "fishermen", I expect to see more of this come summer. Even with this still being the "offseason" the ramps are filled with kooks and launch ramp gypsies. Total turd circus out there.

I won't be fishing weekends for the foreseeable future until I see the resale market flooded with people selling their boats.

Jan 7, 2020
San Diego
Name
DTS
Boat
Boatless
We were fishing those bluefin at the islands quite a few years back. We really paid our dues on those finicky fish I think like 3 days in a row with out catching one fish. When a spot popped up off our bow I pitched a sardine in the mix and was on instantly. That’s when this guy comes flying up out of know where running over my line. Same thing and than completely runs over the spot of fish. Obvious to what he had just done after a few choice words he yelled back Obscenities some weird foreign language. I Quickly realize we were wasting our time. I was so pissed !

Reactions: Nick Cervantes
Nick Cervantes
Nick Cervantes
Very frustrating. You wait for that opportunity and someone completely out of the picture messes it up. Guess it wasn’t our time. We will get ours!

watersdeep

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Pics are worth a thousand words. Get pics of these dumb fuck wads. Post the shit out of the pics and maybe just maybe, awww forget it. Some kooks are just to fucking lame to figure it out and like having their photo taken anyway. I do realize you were hooked up and taking pics was not the first thing that came to mind.

I do keep my wrist rocket handy for them seal kooks.

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
If you’re forced to deal with entitled asshats, this should take care of it.
It might be a bit extreme but I have actually been looking into acquiring an LRAD setup. Lotsa different uses....

woodfish330

• Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Should boating require a ",license"?? Should your "license" number be posted in larger numbers on the side like commercial guys have to? Would that stop most of this?

Now I'm not a license nazi.... but that would keep a few of those "kooks" from wreaking havoc... because they're dont feel "anonymous" anymore? Like a car right? Like a plane right? Who needs more taxes and government intrusion right? Just a thought....

Reactions: Nick Cervantes

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
    Boat
    19 SeaPro
    Snotty day too! Too bad you can't "signal" them with a flare gun, just a friendly reminder you are too close, and your mama raised you wrong! My friend got run over and almost lost his leg, his dive buddy died, (prop to the head) spearfishing at cat.
    Was that Stone and Pete Thomas ?

Reactions: tunakillerjoe1

Rabid Fish

Jun 27, 2004
    Southern California
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    26'
    Should boating require a ",license"?? Should your "license" number be posted in larger numbers on the side like commercial guys have to? Would that stop most of this?

Now I'm not a license nazi.... but that would keep a few of those "kooks" from wreaking havoc... because they're dont feel "anonymous" anymore? Like a car right? Like a plane right? Who needs more taxes and government intrusion right? Just a thought....
    Ahhh boating does now require a license so might want to look into that

It's an incredibly stupid scheme that exempts boat renters, another prime example of CA legislators w/ thumbs up their you know whats but hey -- you got your wish sorta