Crash

Feb 27, 2004
Mountain View CA
Visit site
Name
Robert Young
Boat
20' Skippy
I had been boatless for a few years and the itch came back, I wanted a driveway boat that i could fish the bay and fairweather big water days. I was thinking aluminum but started reading about Livingstons and how stable they were. Scoured the net looking for the right one and learned for a few years they made the Warrior with a nice cap rail instead of raw glass rolled edge. I found this one in Port Orchard Washington, made the deal $3500 with Force 85, honda 10 kicker on a galv trailer over the phone and had her towed down for $650. Fished her for year with an epic Albi (2017) trip out of Fort Bragg plugging the boat. That sealed the deal that she was worth the time to pour some love and sweat to see what I could come up with.

Bought a few sheets of ply, a bottle of Grey Goose and off I went creating what you see today. Over the last 8 months or so the build progressed in my driveway, so lucky to have such cool neighbors not a complaint was heard about the hours of sanding, grinding, sawing and drilling that went on almost every weekend.

What you see is a Livingston Warrior 15.5" in length with a hull up refurb. It took some time to try and proportion the cab to be functional while having some sense of visual design appeal. I spent hours staring and thinking, I am not so great at deigning on paper this was all done in my head... stick building at its finest ;-)

Deck removed old flotation foam removed, new sheeting coated both sides installed with 6Lb foam fill the deck is ROCK solid.

Extended original rear deck for a casting platform a I intend to start fly fishing butts and strippers in the bay and Delta. I now have 2ea 11 Gal tanks and Bh175 thru hull under the deck. I made the splashwell for a little shape and detail and houses the fuel filter and some electrical blocks and lead weight storage. Turns out it makes an awesome seat as well.

House is basic glass over ply mounted with thru bolts, 5200 bonding with glass tabs as well. I think in the end i used 3 sheets of ply, 3 gallons of resign not sure how much cloth. I think it weighs #160/#180 with windows.

Rewired everything, buddy Sam built the rails and rod launcher another friend welded the plates for down riggers. The air ride seat sits on box with batteries under, waiting to see if the $500 pedestal is worth it before buying a second one.

Painted her with 2 part Perfection Platinum Grey sprayed on, it's definitely a 10' paint job....parking lot paint jobs suck especially when you have large pine trees, polin and a breeze.

Found the Yamaha 90 on BD which pushes her quite nicely adding hydraulic steering makes her a dream to drive.

With exception of the welding I did everything myself truly a labor of love and the satisfaction of building something with your own hands.

I dipped her for the first time Saturday in the SF Bay finding typical short wind chopp that is such nuisance. With the weight forward i definitely get more spray off the bow but the house keeps me warm and dry. She drives and drifts pretty much the same as pre cabin. No matter how much i do this is still a 15.5" skiff and will need to pick my days to run her in big water. I ran 40 miles around the bay looks like just under 3 mpg @ average speed 26 mph, reached 34 mph on some flat water but do not know my rpm as tach not installed yet.

Over all I am pretty stoked and ready to fish, random pics for your viewing pleasure. Now I need help naming her please post up suggestions.

IMG_0205.jpg IMG_0210.jpg IMG_0217.jpg IMG_0743.jpg IMG_0742.jpg IMG_0900.jpg IMG_1082.jpg IMG_1034.jpg IMG_1015.jpg IMG_1042.jpg

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
great job!!! that looks like alot of boat in a very compact package. :appl:

Upvote 0

onehottip

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
Try using a prop that will give you good bow lift.

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
I had been boatless for a few years and the itch came back, I wanted a driveway boat that i could fish the bay and fairweather big water days. I was thinking aluminum but started reading about Livingstons and how stable they were. Scoured the net looking for the right one and learned for a few years they made the Warrior with a nice cap rail instead of raw glass rolled edge. I found this one in Port Orchard Washington, made the deal $3500 with Force 85, honda 10 kicker on a galv trailer over the phone and had her towed down for $650. Fished her for year with an epic Albi (2017) trip out of Fort Bragg plugging the boat. That sealed the deal that she was worth the time to pour some love and sweat to see what I could come up with.

Bought a few sheets of ply, a bottle of Grey Goose and off I went creating what you see today. Over the last 8 months or so the build progressed in my driveway, so lucky to have such cool neighbors not a complaint was heard about the hours of sanding, grinding, sawing and drilling that went on almost every weekend.

What you see is a Livingston Warrior 15.5" in length with a hull up refurb. It took some time to try and proportion the cab to be functional while having some sense of visual design appeal. I spent hours staring and thinking, I am not so great at deigning on paper this was all done in my head... stick building at its finest ;-)

Deck removed old flotation foam removed, new sheeting coated both sides installed with 6Lb foam fill the deck is ROCK solid.

Extended original rear deck for a casting platform a I intend to start fly fishing butts and strippers in the bay and Delta. I now have 2ea 11 Gal tanks and Bh175 thru hull under the deck. I made the splashwell for a little shape and detail and houses the fuel filter and some electrical blocks and lead weight storage. Turns out it makes an awesome seat as well.

House is basic glass over ply mounted with thru bolts, 5200 bonding with glass tabs as well. I think in the end i used 3 sheets of ply, 3 gallons of resign not sure how much cloth. I think it weighs #160/#180 with windows.

Rewired everything, buddy Sam built the rails and rod launcher another friend welded the plates for down riggers. The air ride seat sits on box with batteries under, waiting to see if the $500 pedestal is worth it before buying a second one.

Painted her with 2 part Perfection Platinum Grey sprayed on, it's definitely a 10' paint job....parking lot paint jobs suck especially when you have large pine trees, polin and a breeze.

Found the Yamaha 90 on BD which pushes her quite nicely adding hydraulic steering makes her a dream to drive.

With exception of the welding I did everything myself truly a labor of love and the satisfaction of building something with your own hands.

I dipped her for the first time Saturday in the SF Bay finding typical short wind chopp that is such nuisance. With the weight forward i definitely get more spray off the bow but the house keeps me warm and dry. She drives and drifts pretty much the same as pre cabin. No matter how much i do this is still a 15.5" skiff and will need to pick my days to run her in big water. I ran 40 miles around the bay looks like just under 3 mpg @ average speed 26 mph, reached 34 mph on some flat water but do not know my rpm as tach not installed yet.

Over all I am pretty stoked and ready to fish, random pics for your viewing pleasure. Now I need help naming her please post up suggestions.

View attachment 1037288 View attachment 1037289 View attachment 1037290 View attachment 1037292 View attachment 1037293 View attachment 1037294 View attachment 1037295 View attachment 1037296 View attachment 1037297 View attachment 1037298
Looks nice!

Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
  • Jan 19, 2016
    LB
    Name
    Jed Venture
    Boat
    the twisted ducker
    Kill the lights, I need a moment.

Upvote 0

Dragon

It is what it is...
    May 24, 2006
    SLO Co.
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    22' Pro Sport CC / 20' Skipjack Open
    Dam Sic!!! Clean & No Clutter and has a good attitude in the water....Nicely done!!!

Hows the ride????

Upvote 0

Sleddood800

Aug 24, 2020
    Washington
    Name
    Brick
    Boat
    18' Sears Canoe a 14 foot Livingston
    Nice boat, I am trying to get the paperwork straightened out on a 14'r. Looking to make a cap for the front that I can use for the bays and maybe take off for nice weather and lakes. Looking forward to crabbing and fishing her.

Upvote 0

Sleddood800

Aug 24, 2020
    Washington
    Name
    Brick
    Boat
    18' Sears Canoe a 14 foot Livingston
    we are doing something similar on our glass pro. What size ply did u use? Also wher and how did u do windows?
    I used 1/2 inch ply with a compound curve. Took some time to get the ply to form.how I wanted but should be string enough to stand on and cast. No windows, but might do a plexi windscreen about 10" tall and clear flaps to see through if it gets that nasty.