LarryHaynes

Love to fish!
  • Jun 22, 2010
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    Name
    Larry Haynes
    Boat
    None
    I know this has nothing to do with fishing, but thought I would ask my fellow CSL/SJD fishermen for some advice.

Does anyone actually own a place in the Cabo area?

Is there a list of do’s and don’t’s you could recommend?

Don’t really want to start with a real estate agent, as their motivation is $…not necessarily my best interest.

Thanks in advance!

Larry Haynes

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
    Oct 1, 2009
    Green Valley, Az
    Name
    Lou Salatich
    Boat
    none
    I would not buy any real estate in Mexico. It is well on the way to becoming a failed state. I think in another 10 plus years or so the cartels will control the government 100%

NickyBaja

Turns on the prop
    Oct 30, 2013
    Bay Area, CA/ Los Cabos, Baja California Sur
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    27 Jupiter
    I own in SJD, like others have mentioned, rent for a full season. Figure out if you want a condo or single family. Figure out if you want to be in town or out East. The prices have jumped significantly the past couple years down there, tough time to be getting in the market right now. Shoot me a message if you want to pick my brain.

Reactions: pascuale

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sep 22, 2003
    San Diego,Ca
    Name
    Derek
    Boat
    complicated
    I would not buy any real estate in Mexico. It is well on the way to becoming a failed state. I think in another 10 plus years or so the cartels will control the government 100%
    sadly its already close to 100%....People would be soooo surprised on what is really going on

J R Cordova
    J R Cordova
    Let’s hear it. I plan on renting the first year of retirement
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

bays90

Mar 17, 2010
    Kailua-Kona HI USA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
    Good question.

Has anyone done a long-term lease/rent?
    I have been searching they are hard to come by, we are looking in San Jose, there seems to be a few more in Cabo proper and several in Quivira prices ranges are based on size and location, you can find stuff around Costco for 1500-2500 to PLC for 7K-10K/month

Upvote 0

Capttravis777

Nov 20, 2018
    Texas
    Name
    Travis Joyce
    Boat
    Booby Trap
    I know this has nothing to do with fishing, but thought I would ask my fellow CSL/SJD fishermen for some advice.

Does anyone actually own a place in the Cabo area?

Is there a list of do’s and don’t’s you could recommend?

Don’t really want to start with a real estate agent, as their motivation is $…not necessarily my best interest.

Thanks in advance!

Larry Haynes
    I just went through the process of buying... I think the biggest advice I have is to insure you have water as it seems water is scare in a number of locations. We bought on a whim while we were on vacation and fortunately the realtor we found and used was able to eliminate a lot of the headaches that could have popped up during the process. We ended up buying in Palmilla Dunes and I think the location is fantastic and very clean while not breaking the bank. I know there are a few units in there that people are renting long term but I am unsure of pricing or any details. If you have any specific questions PM me and I will be happy to answer.... Now I just need to hurry up and get to rebuilding this Ocean Master that I am sending down there!

Reactions: LarryHaynes
    Upvote 0