dorado123456789

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 2, 2008
carlsbad,california,usa
Name
paolo
Boat
17,triumph, anglers dream
I was fishing in my boat when my built in livewell just stopped so I didnt want to spend $1000 fixing it at the dealer so I was looking into on of those pumps that you atach to a coller or a bucket

so if anyone has any sugestions for what to buy at west marine or somthing please post ideas

trlrtrsh67

Porch Honkey
Nov 22, 2007
Running Springs
Name
Rich
Boat
14' Gregor / IMP 220 Sportsman WA
Assuming you checked for power and the original pump has crapped out, why not just remove the old pump and replace it with a new one instead of adding a pump/bubbler that is designed for a 5 gal bucket?

Carnivore

Addicted to Mt.Dew
Nov 15, 2005
In the land of milk and honey, or beer and nuts!!!
Name
Drew
Boat
2002 23' Striper w/a outboard (Blood Thirsty) & 14Ft aluminum (little hooper) for LOBSTER!!
Pull out the old pump and put in a new one. Just putting some air in the water will not keep your bait alive all day. Adding new water not only adds more air then that bubbler can but keeps the water temp even and takes out waste and ammonia etc... Once you get the old pump out it will have a number on the side as to how much water if flows etc and just buy one like it an install it. Worth the money trust me.

dkd711

Skunk Master...
Jun 7, 2008
Huntington Beach
Name
Duke
Boat
"WFO SKUNK"
Yeah its a really easy fix. More then likely the pump will only cost you around $100 for a pretty good one.

BuonaForTuna

Jul 27, 2008
Glendale Ca
Name
Jesse
Boat
BuonaFortuna 26' Seaswirl Striper
Bottom line those Bait tanks they give us when we buy our boats from the dealer always suck I took the pumps off mine gave them away and installed a real tank in the boat and used the old 2 tanks i have as ice coolers. In my experience 75% of them even on the best of the best boat are pieces of shit.

loreto boy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 29, 2005
orange county
Name
jaime
Boat
TRIUMPH 215CC
Hey nice fish report!!

Anyway go to Triumph Boat Owners Network and join up as you are a triumph owner or just read all the specifics on your boat model and check out all the pics and step by step directions on how easy a fix it is on your boat. Our plastic boats are a piece of cake to work on, we have a 210 and it is a easy fix.

If it takes you over a hour to fix ,your drinking to much beer.

Learn to do this job and always carry a spare with the correct connectors allready installed as it will save you a bunch of $$$ on rolled bait and will waste a day of fishing when ( not if ) it goes out again.

It is common for then to last only a couple of years , alot less if you dont flush em with fresh water when ya haul out and if ya dont keep em clean so you dont run em dry and smoke them when ya clog em up .

Spend the dough on a good pump as the rule crap is just that crap.

embo

I've been recommended for a recommendation...
Aug 25, 2006
Name
n/a
Boat
17' Bluewater
Good call, I'd never even thought to freshwater flush the bait pump. This place is GREAT!!!