FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    seems like it might not be open this Sunday and you might be able to get some Saturday afternoon?

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    have to work Friday:(.

Hope the winds behave for Sunday, the swell looks good:)

Got lots of jigs lures and swimbaits but it would be really disappointing not to have Bait:(

Upvote 0

Fowlplay

May 20, 2009
    Longview, WA
    Name
    Mitchell
    Boat Name
    Parker 2520 XLD"Bucket List"/20ft super vee

Got lots of jigs lures and swimbaits but it would be really disappointing not to have Bait:(

They are doing bait by appointment only this time of year. Give them a call and check. Honestly though the bait has sucked this year and scoops are very small. I am running a 50 gallon tank and have been able to see the bottom of my tank every trip taking 6 scoops. Scoops are also $30 this year ilwacos scoops are 5# compared to Westport 10#. From the sounds of it the troll bite has been lights out too which is pretty rare for this time of year.

Upvote 0

WaveDancer

Fishing The Pacific Ocean & Puget Sound Since 1969
  • Aug 26, 2008
    Kitsap/Westport, WA
    Name
    Ken
    Boat Name
    Prowling for a Cat
    They are doing bait by appointment only this time of year. Give them a call and check. Honestly though the bait has sucked this year and scoops are very small. I am running a 50 gallon tank and have been able to see the bottom of my tank every trip taking 6 scoops. Scoops are also $30 this year ilwacos scoops are 5# compared to Westport 10#. From the sounds of it the troll bite has been lights out too which is pretty rare for this time of year.
    Gotta remember, Ilwaco live bait scoops are much smaller than the ones you get at Westport.

Pretty sure there is a big difference in price as well.

Westport scoop is about ten pounds and will cost you $50, Ilwaco scoop is about half the size and $30 I am told.

WD.

Reactions: FVSerenity
    Upvote 0

mrfish11

"Just a captain"
    Aug 3, 2009
    Olympia,WA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat Name
    Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies

6 scoops in a 50 gal tank and can see the bottom wtf!!!! Are they only giving you 5 fish per scoop???? Sounds like a rip off to me for $180???

Upvote 0

Fowlplay

May 20, 2009
    Longview, WA
    Name
    Mitchell
    Boat Name
    Parker 2520 XLD"Bucket List"/20ft super vee
    6 scoops in a 50 gal tank and can see the bottom wtf!!!! Are they only giving you 5 fish per scoop???? Sounds like a rip off to me for $180???

Sucks because the one guy you don’t want to piss off in port is the bait guy. I have always been a Ilwaco guy but that port is really starting to suck. $100 for a tote of ice now too. Used to be $40 4 years ago. They are really starting to capitalize on the sport guys but they have a monopoly on the product that we need.

Upvote 0

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
  • Sep 25, 2008
    Westport/Renton
    Name
    Cap't Paul
    Boat Name
    V-20 Wellcraft w/200 G2

You are seeing something different then me on forecast...

Upvote 0

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
    Jul 27, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    Name
    Jeff Nelson
    Boat Name
    255 BW Conquest “Double Header”
    Dam those liberals!!! I’m sure they are to blame! It’s a conspiracy to keep us subsistence fishers on shore!!! Plus I have a barrel of straws to dump!!!

They count extra if you mix that barrel of straws up with a couple buckets of clear plastic 6 pack holders.

Reactions: FVSerenity
    Upvote 0