PENN

Bigdawg1018

Nov 21, 2008
LOS ALAMITOS
Name
Phupei
Boat
24ft Robalo CC
Planning a trip out of LB would like to check out a few cod spots.. not asking for gps marks just some advice also planning on hooping LB as well, if anyones got any good advice that would be great. Thanks<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Upvote 0

phingst

Sep 7, 2009
San Diego Ca
Name
Code seven
Boat
Trophy 19ft
Buy a fishing chart/map at the bait and tackle store it sould have gps markings check for high areas then start looking on your gps. My friend of 15 years still won't give up his spots. Good Luck.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Planning a trip out of LB would like to check out a few cod spots.. not asking for gps marks just some advice also planning on hooping LB as well, if anyones got any good advice that would be great. Thanks<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Check the 20 and 40 fathom curves.

api-417870.jpg

Upvote 0

polfishski

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 5, 2008
Descanso
Name
Tom
Boat
20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
Yes sir not that I have numbers but way more fun to find your own. Go out to your area stop then put your boat in gear and just putt around while looking at your meter. You will see some high spots rocks trash whatever on the botom. stop fish um or just drift um you will find your own honey hole that we will be wanting the numbers for. Just my 2 cents that prob. aint worth nada.

Upvote 0

circlehook55

Almost A Member
Jul 22, 2008
Oc Cali
Name
Curtis
Boat
14',cobra, kayak, 22' Gregor
Look at the chart FloMar gave you go to the 48 marked between the oil rigs Ellen and Eureka where the blue turns white. Start looking there. Lots of sand dabs and rock cod. 33 34 22N by 118 08 12w will get you close.

Tight lines

Upvote 0