gnehekul

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
nope... only matters so you can follow your line better and you know which one is your line during a tangle :)

Upvote 0

flyhigh123

Bangarang
Aug 16, 2012
los angeles
Name
flyhigh123
Boat
Parker 2320
yes thickness matters... for example, a 100 pound mono shouldn't be used to catch blue gill...

line color shouldnt matter as long as you use a top shot. If it;s straight braid to a lure, then i dont know. many will say it matters...

match the fish you are trying to catch. braid is thinner than mono as well..

line has friction against the water, reducing friction helps in casting, retrieving, fly line bait etc.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I think line color matters more to fishermen than fish but ive seen many times one color outfish another.I like clear or green.

Upvote 0

Halfprice

Aug 10, 2006
Whittier
Name
Jerry
Boat
Red Rooster 111
Spectra line imo doesn't matter. Mono I believe yes. Clear, gray, pink, blue??? I use Izor 1st string blue. Russ Izor made that color because it disappears in the water similar to flouro. At least that's what I've been told and its worked for me.

Jerry

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
I've been using braid for years, and have tried straight braid with no luck. Only with a mono or fluro topshot. A friend of mine did catch a big trout on 6# straight braid many years ago when spiderwire first came out, but that's the only time I have ever seen it. I think mono and fluro colors vary with water types. Some guys swear by that red Cajun line when fishing for catfish. I don't know why.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Some clear mono will actually glow like a long thin flourescent bulb underwater,on a sunny bright day....i forget what its called,but i have actually seen this with my own eyes.Thats why a floro leader is always a good idea,that light gets terminated at the knot,on top of the fact that its floro.

Also,I have seen that multi colored line underwater actually dissapear...never the less i still dont use that line,just me I guess.

Upvote 0

bueller

Desert Dweller
Jul 18, 2014
Name
Steve
Boat
nope
Last summer on a 3/4 day I used Big Game steel blue and did great. I was hooking fish left and right and no one around me was getting anything. I don't know if it was the line color but it was strange.

Upvote 0