Lake

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
On a 1 1/2 day trip do you get limits for one day, or since you’re out on different calendar days do you get more than one day? I’ve always been under the impression you get a one day limit. If that’s the case I wish people would stop posting their over the limit trips. I personally never take over my limit, and once I reach it I’ll either hand some off or I’ll clear the rail altogether to allow those that haven’t gotten theirs a better chance.

Upvote 0

stripedbizzle

Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles ca
Name
JTM
Boat
No
You fish for boat limits, people will say they caught ‘x’ amount but everyone goes him with 2/5/whatever - best personal policy is to read the room in my opinion; on a boat full of killers or a private charter ? Sure stop once you got your fill and allow the other paying customers to have their share of fun.

But typically this is very rare. On any given trip you may have several wife’s, small children, old/senior people, etc etc that can’t/won’t fill a limit due to lack of ability/interest/whatever.

in addition to the groups mentioned above theres always going to be some individuals who don’t have a clue / snowballs chance in hell of filling out a limit. Yes - you can hook and hand but most wouldn’t want to hand off $1k rod and reel setups (and to be honest the handful of times I’ve offered to cast out other people the reception is usually luke warm at best).

You’re paying a lot of money to be out there, you probably spent a lot of money on gear, so fish until your personally satisfied or told otherwise by captain/crew

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    On a 1 1/2 day trip do you get limits for one day, or since you’re out on different calendar days do you get more than one day? I’ve always been under the impression you get a one day limit. If that’s the case I wish people would stop posting their over the limit trips. I personally never take over my limit, and once I reach it I’ll either hand some off or I’ll clear the rail altogether to allow those that haven’t gotten theirs a better chance.
    It depends on which boat your on! That's the truth, whether it's legal or not. But as post #6 stated, If you leave Before 11am and you return the following day it's legal. The Poseidon 2 years ago on a two day trip fishing YFT go 2 days of limit on the first day and returned home the same day, Because they couldnt keep anymore YFT. 1/2 the boat was PISSED off returning home on day one of a two day trip And the boat didn't refund any portion of the money for not fishing day 2.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

JamesTaylor

Question Everything
    Jan 7, 2019
    Cypress, Ca
    Name
    James Taylor
    Boat
    Sportboats
    I keep fishing until the boat has limits. Whether i end up landing 1 fish or 5 Im still only taking home 2 on a 1.5.

Upvote 0

Brad I

Common Sense Isn't Common Enough
    Jun 20, 2015
    San Fernando Valley
    Name
    Brad I
    Boat
    Nope
    You’re paying a lot of money to be out there, you probably spent a lot of money on gear, so fish until your personally satisfied or told otherwise by captain/crew

Absolutely! Fish until you're personally satisfied or forced to stop.

That's why I drive 55 mph on surface streets (I spent a lot of money on my wheels and want to go as fast as it will move), I demand that a restaurant keep feeding me until I'm personally satisfied and I should be allowed to hunt and fish in restricted areas and private property unless/until a warden forces me to stop.

Of course I should be able to ignore the law if I don't like it. :spank:

Upvote 0