Limits outside the Golden Gate Bridge

etwizard

Mar 29, 2004
No California
Name
solomon
Boat
Free 4 All
Played hooky yesterday and went out with some friends on a short trip outside the Golden Gate Bridge for some Salmon. 1.5 hrs from the dock, straight out, and we were on them. A couple of hrs later, we were on our way back. I went with Aaron Anfinson of the Bass Tub out of Fishermans Wharf in SF. Been fishing with the Anfinson family for well nigh 30 years. First Cliff, then Eric, now his brother Aaron. Great people, great boat with a great set of engines.
Had a great day with a great catch.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=75679&catid=member&imageuser=1768

stella marina

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 21, 2011
santa cruz
Name
Andrew
Boat
Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
good stuff, I was wondering when we would hear about some fish up there.
any size to them fish?

Reuben

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 23, 2008
Socal
Name
Reuben
Boat
Boat
Nice trip! It seems like the fish are further north than last year.

etwizard

Mar 29, 2004
No California
Name
solomon
Boat
Free 4 All
good stuff, I was wondering when we would hear about some fish up there.
any size to them fish?
10 - 12 with a 15 for luck. It seems that the fish are in their usual pattern, but a little earlier. They are feeding on huge beds of krill. Beautiful fatty fish. Dinner last night was a love thing.

reelworld

Jan 12, 2007
Benicia
Name
Mike
Boat
28ft Maxcat, Nighthawk
The SF party boat fleet were all fishing the 30/50 bite off HMB
17 miles from HMB about 25 from the gate
Should be a zoo when all those fish are up at Duxbury

karlk1125

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 20, 2008
Bodega Bay
Name
Karl Kobler
Boat
2008 World Cat 320 EC twin Mercury v8 300 Verado “Freedom”
damn i cant wait for those fish to park themselves off of bodega...

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
We ended up with limits on the Happy Hooker. Last fish was hooked right after he said the final 'Reel Em in'. Bit rolly polely out there but manageable.

reelworld

Jan 12, 2007
Benicia
Name
Mike
Boat
28ft Maxcat, Nighthawk
Nice work Dave
I heard it was a little sporty out on Sunday, glad we went Sat
Gonna blow good for a couple more days

T'Una Mas

Oct 15, 2005
Burlington, Vermont
Name
Scott
Boat
30 ft Sea Ray
I went with Aaron Anfinson of the Bass Tub out of Fishermans Wharf in SF. Been fishing with the Anfinson family for well nigh 30 years. First Cliff, then Eric, now his brother Aaron. Great people, great boat with a great set of engines.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=75679&catid=member&imageuser=1768
Now I'm feeling old! Like you, started with Cliff, and fished with Eric a bunch. I'll have to make it back to give Aaron a try! I only ever got salmon on that boat when fishing Seal Rock and South Tower, but I've caught MANY halibut and stripers from that boat over the years and always enjoyed it.

etwizard

Mar 29, 2004
No California
Name
solomon
Boat
Free 4 All
Now I'm feeling old! Like you, started with Cliff, and fished with Eric a bunch. I'll have to make it back to give Aaron a try! I only ever got salmon on that boat when fishing Seal Rock and South Tower, but I've caught MANY halibut and stripers from that boat over the years and always enjoyed it.
The new boat is great. Very well powered. Aaron is cool. The boat fishes real well. You'll like it I think.