Allen Rice

Cranefish
May 21, 2019
West covina
Name
Allen Rice
Boat
N/A
If I ever get invited, i would never flake out! Especially on my first lover lobster trip!
Hell. Even being offered the opportunity would be nice !!

Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
Nice,
I went on my my first trip of the season with Dave the welder and his Bro. We ended up with one limit and about 70 shorts or more out in rocky point with dozens of our closest friends. It was a nice crawl, a nice tide, but we just got so so results. It was a great night and a great time dinner was included! See ya out there Boyz.

Upvote 0

Robdog1

Well known member
Oct 23, 2018
Newport Beach
Name
Robert
Boat
Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
Welcome to the flake club. All I ever go through is flaking. The conversations usually go something like this:
"You good for tonight?"
"Yep."
"Great, boat time is 4:30, I'll get dinner."

25 minutes (if they even let me know at all) before we're supposed to leave "Oh hey by the way I can't go."
Thank you so much, every.fricken.time.its.like.clockwork. Good to know I'm not the only one that goes through it.

Upvote 0

Allen Rice

Cranefish
May 21, 2019
West covina
Name
Allen Rice
Boat
N/A
So far as of today, I've never been asked to go. I posted a post, as a boat ho , to go hooping . Got a few few responses and remarks but still no invitation. I'm not asking to go for free but it's on my bucket list to catch and bring g home a few bugs

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Welcome to the flake club. All I ever go through is flaking. The conversations usually go something like this:
    "You good for tonight?"
    "Yep."
    "Great, boat time is 4:30, I'll get dinner."

25 minutes (if they even let me know at all) before we're supposed to leave "Oh hey by the way I can't go."
    Thank you so much, every.fricken.time.its.like.clockwork. Good to know I'm not the only one that goes through it.
    When they do show they conveniently forget there wallet!

Upvote 0

T Shark

Jun 15, 2007
    So Cal
    Name
    Michael
    Boat
    My Medication
    Everyone wants to go until its time to go. If they flake they get put to the bottom of the list.

Upvote 0

SSUfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 14, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    n/a
    How is that possible?? Every time I've been a boat ho it's: arrive on time - read: early), money up front (unless the owner wants it at the end), breakfast burritos for everyone on the boat, drinks, never the first one to put a bait in the water and I keep my ass there to help clean until the owner is ready to leave. Friends don't flake...

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    How is that possible?? Every time I've been a boat ho it's: arrive on time - read: early), money up front (unless the owner wants it at the end), breakfast burritos for everyone on the boat, drinks, never the first one to put a bait in the water and I keep my ass there to help clean until the owner is ready to leave. Friends don't flake...
    Friends is exactly the problem, Friends take advantage it’s hard to tell friends to pay up easier with a hoe

Upvote 0
    Jun 22, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Fillet and release
    I personally notice that the flakyness is limited when payment is due before the trip. Also when they still flake you already have fuel and bait money. Seems that people flake less all the same.

Reactions: T Shark
    Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    Good lord you are the best ho ever! The only thing I disagree with is if you are able to have your bait in the water get it in the water! We are trying to catch a limit, and maybe you are the hot stick!

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Everyone thinks you’re rich when own a boat but when in fact it’s exact opposite, I put just about everything I have and countless hours to keep this boat on the water and when someone hands me a 20 at the end of the night it’s a slap in the face. No shit it happened to me the other night from the neighbor he palmed cash while shaking my hand n said "Don’t argue with me" So politely I put it in my pocket pulling it out later after he left and it was a $20 bill, he left that night with eight bugs...

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Robdog1

Well known member
    Oct 23, 2018
    Newport Beach
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
    Everyone thinks you’re rich when own a boat but when in fact it’s exact opposite, I put just about everything I have and countless hours to keep this boat on the water and when someone hands me a 20 at the end of the night it’s a slap in the face. No shit it happened to me the other night from the neighbor he palmed cash while shaking my hand and said "Don’t argue with me" So politely I put it in my pocket pulling it out later after he left and it was a $20 bill, he and his wife left that night with eight bugs...

bro you and I are almost the sameI have friends that have done that to me, we’ll go to Catalina on my Whaler, and while it’s a helluva lot cheaper than running the big boat, it’s still not free, and the clowns I call my friends think it is. They won’t pay me, then I have to continue to hunt them down, and basically say ‘well, you don’t pay, you don’t go again, period, end of discussion.” Then they get all pissed when I don’t invite them again, and if I’m lucky, they’ll Venmo me $20 or $30 and think that covers it. It’s incredible that people think that $30 will cover fuel, even for a 17’ boat. That’ll cover maybe 8 gallons. Do you get 40 gallons in $30 for your car? If so I want to know the gas station you go to cause I’m definitely going there! (Sarcasm). Probably my largest pet peeve of ANYTHING besides flakiness.

Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
    Apr 29, 2004
    Duarte/Covina
    Name
    karl
    Boat
    20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
    Are you guys estimating the cost upfront?
    You know what the launch, truck cost, bait and some idea what you are gong to burn in the boat. Everyone should know what their end is going to be upfront. If you don't have that cash in hand, maybe next week. Given that if they flake, they are out. Maybe they get a nod next season, maybe not. So if you need a Ho let me know, it's so much easier to fish on other peoples boat! If not we can take my rig maybe, it will cost us about $65 each if we make bait to fish the front side of Cat.

Upvote 0

lazyfisherman

Nov 28, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Bobby
    Boat
    Cattle Boats
    Sounds like money was never discussed before the trip? Just like everything else, over communication is key, that way you don't get some bullshit reason.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    How much does a three-quarter day Or night with David Hanson hooping cost and how much time do you actually good to fish on one compared to a private boat? I don’t get on anybody’s ride without a promise to reciprocate or at least $100 in my pocket that I’m willing to part with and make damn sure he excepts it !

Upvote 0

Allen Rice

Cranefish
    May 21, 2019
    West covina
    Name
    Allen Rice
    Boat
    N/A
    Are you guys estimating the cost upfront?
    You know what the launch, truck cost, bait and some idea what you are gong to burn in the boat. Everyone should know what their end is going to be upfront. If you don't have that cash in hand, maybe next week. Given that if they flake, they are out. Maybe they get a nod next season, maybe not. So if you need a Ho let me know, it's so much easier to fish on other peoples boat! If not we can take my rig maybe, it will cost us about $65 each if we make bait to fish the front side of Cat.
    Ready with cash in hand !!

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Sounds like money was never discussed before the trip? Just like everything else, over communication is key, that way you don't get some bullshit reason.
    Nope the dude in question was told ahead of time that my cost was $100 at least to run I assumed he would have clue enough to give me more than $20 my bad

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Latest posts