Hippie

Old and Mean
Jun 22, 2017
Mother Earth
Name
Hippie
Boat
Atude
My son and I fished the 390 area for nothing. We found a handful of nice kelps with nobody home, that was frustrating. At two o’clock we started heading home and we see a lone boat in front of us stopped. As we get closer we notice its Hardcore fishing solo on his Jon boat and he’s bent. Just as I grab the mic Corey calls us in. He said 15 pound fluorocarbon and a number one hook with a dead bait. He said if you use live bait all you will get is Skipjack. As we moved in Corey started chumming and you could see Skipjack everywhere under the boat chasing the bait. Corey told us you have to let the Skipjack play with the bait until a Yellowfin picks it up and runs with it. That was the ticket and after we put the first yellowfin on the boat Hardcore slowly drove away while scrubbing his boat down. I called him on the radio to thank him and he told us that the bite started off a kelp that’s about a mile up hill and it’s loaded with Dorado. It turned out to be the best day of fishing my son and I have ever had together. Thank you Corey.

Upvote 0

Spoons

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
21' Center Console
What general area would you say you were in?

Reactions: Hippie
Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    That HARDCORE..... almost always a gentleman. ... unless your "that guy". Glad you two had a great trip.....don't forget.... that that "sharing" plan you depended on yesterday. .... requires you return the favor..... When you can.... "full circle". Great post brother!

One last note..... In my 5 decades of fishing. ...I never forget.....IT'S THE FISHERMEN THAT MAKE UP THE FISH RULES! We believe we have it all figured out..... but the Fish don't always follow the rules of engagement. Ie.... use dead bait for YFT.... getting by the skip jack attack.....lol. Think out of the box..... The fish do..... everyday to survive out there in that big blue desert.

Bravo HARDCORE!!!

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
    Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Two things wrong with this post. First, am I the only one smart enough to know that hippie and hardcore are the same person and second if this was true would we not see hardcores video which he has never been shy about showing?

Maybe you haven't noticed you haven't seen any of Hardcores videos for a while.... He got tired of all the negative shit he had to listen to just for trying to help people. Can't say I blame him, I got tired of it too and don't put out any reports either. That shit gets old fast, so think about it when you start talking shit to of about someone who is just trying to help you

Upvote 0

Hustler

He's On Again!?!
    May 31, 2003
    Poway redneck
    www.wedigscripps.com
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    23' Maritime Patriot
    Maybe you haven't noticed you haven't seen any of Hardcores videos for a while.... He got tired of all the negative shit he had to listen to just for trying to help people. Can't say I blame him, I got tired of it too and don't put out any reports either. That shit gets old fast, so think about it when you start talking shit to of about someone who is just trying to help you

Cory's a swell guy.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: pacificscout
    Upvote 0

SOLLOZZO

May 7, 2020
    Seal beach
    Name
    Tom clem
    Boat
    Yellowfin
    Like I said you need the slightest bit of intellect to figure it out. It’s not that difficult

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Used "puffers" at the RG .... in the day, to catch a 247# YFT. They weren't eating cabbies.... or scad..... even greenies and choves... weren't getting touched. Saw a recently gaffed YFT puke up a small puffer. Really? ?

Used my bait rig set up.... caught a puffer.... carefully lip hooked it with gloves..... tossed it out. THEY ALL LAUGHED!!

3 - 4 minutes later....BINGO. I laughed all the way to 2nd place jackpot....lol. Don't be afraid to watch and learn.... "on the spot". The fish will give you "clues" if your an astute angler.... With a keen "awareness". Just saying.... keep your eyes open and your mind clear. It's there.

P.S. so HARDCORE.....called "himself" (Hippy) in....? We all talk to ourselves once and a while....right? If it's his way.... of leading others to great angling opportunity... by posting this way..... good for him!! "SMART" .... accomplishes both of his objectives... and helps others. HOW CAN THAT BE "DEVIOUS"??

Last edited:
    Reactions: Old Blue and Hippie
    Upvote 0

Hardcor

Hardcore
    Jun 8, 2014
    Hardcore
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Hardcore
    Boat
    Hardcore
    Used "puffers" at the RG .... in the day, to catch a 247# YFT. They weren't eating cabbies.... or scad..... even greenies and choves... weren't getting touched. Saw a recently gaffed YFT puke up a small puffer. Really? ?

Used my bait rig set up.... caught a puffer.... carefully lip hooked it with gloves..... tossed it out. THEY ALL LAUGHED!!

3 - 4 minutes later....BINGO. I laughed all the way to 2nd place jackpot....lol. Don't be afraid to watch and learn.... "on the spot". The fish will give you "clues" if your an astute angler.... With a keen "awareness". Just saying.... keep your eyes open and your mind clear. It's there.

P.S. so HARDCORE.....called "himself" (Hippy) in....? We all talk to ourselves once and a while....right? If it's his way.... of leading others to great angling opportunity... by posting this way..... good for him!! "SMART" .... accomplishes both of his objectives... and helps others. HOW CAN THAT BE "DEVIOUS"??
    I was in on that puffer bite John fishing the Excel when you could anchor right next to Clarion Island. Every cow had hundreds of puffer and box fish in them.

Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
    Redlands
    Name
    The Grays
    Boat
    2021 Parker 2320
    Great report, dead bait, smart!

Reactions: Hardcor and Hippie
    Upvote 0

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    Poppers will also weed out the skippies. I’ve caught 15 straight yft on a trip that people were 70% skipjack 30% yft. Skippies won’t touch it.

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
    HB
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Line up
    Great report! Corey is a great guy!! I understand why he does not post videos. Fun to watch but people say the most stupid shit!! I respond to guys I know on here. But I do not post. Not worth it. Sad!That said to all the upstanding excellent people, Best of luck!

Upvote 0
    May 13, 2004
    Long Beach and points due west
    Name
    Bob Ballew
    Boat
    2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
    I run into the same problem on the spearfishing sites..post something useful and there is always a few idiots who want to stir the pot just to see their names up...those same people contribute nothing positive to the sites, but, seem to do a lot of lurking.

Reactions: Hippie
    Upvote 0