longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    Left the bait barge at 530 with a decent scoop of bait and headed south with awsome sea conditions.
    20201015_180203.jpg

Once i got south of the islands i was greeted with thick fog bank that stuck around most of the morning which made it difficult to spot anything. I ended up stumbling apon a nice kelp at 13 over 33 that was loaded with rat yellows and a couple dorado but couldn't get the dorado to bite with hungry rats everywhere. I played catch and release for a bit then continued south.

I trolled around a bit for nothing then was called in on a yellowfin bite by (Island Bound). They had limited out and let me slide in and take the school from them, thanks guys I hope to return the favor!! It was full speed decent grade yellowfin and I put 5 in the boat in short work even after 2 frigging sea lions showed up and nabbed 2 fish from me. A couple other boats came in and got a few but the sea lions killed that bite.
    20201015_184301.jpg
    20201015_180439.jpg

I split from the area and headed west of the 226 and found nice big kelps everywhere that were loaded with rat yellows and a few dorado. I was able to get one 10 pound dorado and headed in. The fog had pushed inside and I slowly made my way back in.
    20201015_180420.jpg

Thanks again Island Bound for the call in!

Upvote 0

John S.

Aug 4, 2008
    Valley Center, CA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
    Left the bait barge at 530 with a decent scoop of bait and headed south with awsome sea conditions.View attachment 1212411

Once i got south of the islands i was greeted with thick fog bank that stuck around most of the morning which made it difficult to spot anything. I ended up stumbling apon a nice kelp at 13 over 33 that was loaded with rat yellows and a couple dorado but couldn't get the dorado to bite with hungry rats everywhere. I played catch and release for a bit then continued south.

I trolled around a bit for nothing then was called in on a yellowfin bite by (Island Bound). They had limited out and let me slide in and take the school from them, thanks guys I hope to return the favor!! It was full speed decent grade yellowfin and I put 5 in the boat in short work even after 2 frigging sea lions showed up and nabbed 2 fish from me. A couple other boats came in and got a few but the sea lions killed that bite.View attachment 1212414View attachment 1212415

I split from the area and headed west of the 226 and found nice big kelps everywhere that were loaded with rat yellows and a few dorado. I was able to get one 10 pound dorado and headed in. The fog had pushed inside and I slowly made my way back in.View attachment 1212417

Thanks again Island Bound for the call in!

Nice fog bank. Gives me flashbacks from a couple of weeks back. You don’t run radar do you?

Reactions: longboard85
    Upvote 0

Hophead

When’s the next trip
    Jun 26, 2004
    san diego
    Name
    ryan
    Boat
    22’ Seaway
    Corey, nice chatting with you today. We ended up finding some yft south of where you got limits. We got limits, but smaller grade 8-10#. All in all, fun day. Hope we get another month of my favorite time of year to fish!

Upvote 0

longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    Corey, nice chatting with you today. We ended up finding some yft south of where you got limits. We got limits, but smaller grade 8-10#. All in all, fun day. Hope we get another month of my favorite time of year to fish!
    Nice work glad you guys got them, that sea lions ruined it right before you guys showed up
    well your buddy just missed out, will give him hell next weekend for the elk opener
    Please do!

Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
    Jun 11, 2015
    Dana Point
    Name
    L J
    Boat
    arima - the SLIDER
    Just look at you . . . cruising around in the fog catching tuna.

Something that would be brazen 30 years ago without electronics.

Nice job longboard85!

20201015_180203.jpg

Great first picture; autumn sunrise.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Alright Cody, way to go bud. You make it look so easy, guess that is how it is when you know what your doing huh. Have a good one, talk to ya soon.

Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
    Redlands
    Name
    The Grays
    Boat
    2021 Parker 2320
    Congratulations again on the awesome catch and nice to see you at the dock! Great sunrise picture! We ended up back out on Friday and lost all electronics due to battery issues as soon as we pulled up at 371. So even on a boat with lots of electronics, you can end up driving back in THICK fog with no radio, GPS or radar.

Upvote 0