PENN

Lundalakan

Sep 29, 2016
Socal, Poway
Name
Lou
Boat
Lund alaskan
Bugged SD bay yesterday. Nets in about 5 figured I’d eat dinner and float a bit. Drifted a bit and was hailed by a dude dragging a dingy in about 1.5’ of water along N island by the chopper base. He’s pulling a lazer sailboat hull, with a makeshift wood mast but no boom or sail, piled high with bags a chit. Sketchy worn out , shot out, counter culture dude or just a hippie fifty years too late. He broke his oars. Figure he needed a tow to SI beach/dingy landing......nope, city docks by Hawthorne and harbor isl dr. Hmmm, ok, I have the time before the first pull. I hope for good juju in the nets tonite for the effort. Got him back to the dingy docks. Every year I end up towing someone with a junk boat.

First two pulls, nada. Once the water got moving it was a steady pick. Limits by 845. A little later motor by a piece of pvc sticking up out of the water. It a drifting bug net, fouled with kelp, 20’ rope and float, bones in the bait cage.....it’s been out at least overnight . Kept it.

If you’re missing a net, pm me your GO ID and we can make arrangements for it’s return

4D1701E3-D599-4919-AA24-EB1A2BFAFF72.jpeg

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Great job! Good thing you got 'em before all that sewage spill from TJ makes it into the bay. 14.5 million gallons? Again?
    Jesus H Christ, Chief......

Reactions: Lundalakan
    Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Yum