Like Mike said...nada

P

Paddyman1

12/8 - Finally got a chance to take the desk shackles off and fish with my friend Ron on his 17' Spectrum boat from Dana Pt. From 8am to noon we fished between SC Pier and the domes in 100 - 200 ft of water, looking for these local YT I've been drooling over the past month. We used dropper-loops with squid or live mackerel, and work mega baits tipped with squid. Very quiet on an absolutely incredible day. No water temp on the boat, but if felt like winters grip may have us a for while.

JPL just updated their ocean surface topography yesterday, and I'd say our chances look real nice for an increasing El Nino going into 2015. We'll see. Here's the link.

http://sealevel.jpl.nasa.gov/science/elninopdo/latestdata/

Have superfantastic day!

Dana 12_8_14.jpg

Upvote 0

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana
You had a far better day on the water, than most people had at a desk.

I think you were in the right place. Maybe the fish took the day off. Cool picture. Thanks for the report.

Upvote 0

steelhead88

Marriage is not a word; it is a sentence!
Aug 18, 2008
Ventura
Name
Scott
Boat
GRAYLIGHT- Custom 23' Aluminum Pilothouse
I bet your 17 footer felt like more than enough boat that day, talk about Lake Pacific, wow. All 5 regular work days were epically flat last week. Glad you got to take advantage of the last one.

Upvote 0

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana
Told you that you were in the right spot...They have been nailing the YT there the past 3 days now!

One day off. Timing is everything. :cool:

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Yeah I'll bet the fish that were all over the sonar screen when we were approaching the pier were the right kind, and moved on in the blink of an eye. Not like fishing them off rock piles in Loreto, these fish are moving. I'm not giving up!!!

Upvote 0