PENN

jigmonster

Jun 11, 2006
Long Beach,Ca
Name
Ryan
Boat
50' Gail Force - 60' Triton
Wow, Catalina Island is making up for several years of slower fishing! The Triton and Gail Force have been at the Island every day with nice light loads and very good Yellowtail fishing. Sardines seem to have finally moved into the area off Long Beach/San Pedro and is making it a bit easier for the less experienced angler to fish these Yellows. Even with out the sardine the Yellowtail seem to not care what you have for bait. Chunck squid, strip squid, dead bait, live bait, even strips of bonito captured 40 yellowtail this week after running out of bait one late morning.
Now is the perfect time to get your kids, family and friends out to catch fish that are easily landable and hard fighting on a trip that is close to home.

The Triton is online this coming Monday thru Friday (8/18 - 8/22) running out of Long Beach Sportfishing. These trips will be Limited Load open party trips departing the dock at 5am and returning around 5pm. Maximum load of only 25 anglers will ensure everyone has a great time without the headache of combat fishing. Cost is $100 per person with a bunk for every passenger included in the price.

Gail Force is doing the same trip Thursday (8/21). Only difference on this trip is the load is limited to 20 anglers and there are no bunks on the boat.

Tickets can be purchased at https://longbeach.fishingreservations.net/sales/ or by calling Long Beach Sportfishing at (562) 432-8993

For Charter info on either boat or for any general questions feel free to call Ryan at (310) 844-3814
You can also follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gail.force.180

Here are a few pics from the past few days aboard both the Gail Force and Triton......

photo 1 (4).JPG

photo (3).JPG

photo 1 (2).JPG

photo 1 (3).JPG

photo 2 (2).JPG

photo 2 (3).JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3 (2).JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4 (2).JPG

photo 5 (2).JPG

photo 4.JPG

Upvote 0

live2fish

I've got bugs...
Apr 3, 2005
North OC
Name
Eric
Boat
14' livingston cat, 15’ radon, Parker 2320 @ez_sportfishing
Doesn't need much those are the best sashimi....

Big bass killers! Lol how'd you do(triton) anchored up off my bow yesterday saw u guys reset 3 times I was slowly dragging too even with a s***ton of scope too. We wailed on the yt in that pocket
And a couple close to double digit bass

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Nice work Ryan!!!

Must be really cool to stoke out people for a living. Looking at the big picture, you're doing yeoman's work bringing new anglers onto the scene. It's easy to forget that nearly all of us started out similarly. I see future boat owners, tackle ho's, rod wrappers...who knows...the next Guy Harvey could be in one of those pics. The progression has to begin somewhere.

Keep up the great work Ryan!!!

I agree there should be a minimum size on YT, that issue needs to be taken up with the DFW.

Upvote 0

Y Go Home

Wage Slave
Nov 1, 2005
Name
me
Boat
Wait a second....All this talk about yellow tail and calico size limits and not one comment on the good looking lady with the Daisy Duke shorts on or the other one holding up the fish???!!! :shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:

Reactions: NO4NMTL
Upvote 0

Y Go Home

Wage Slave
Nov 1, 2005
Name
me
Boat
^^^^^No doubt and after further review, there are a few more ladies in the pix. Just trying to divert from the fish politics for a post or three:D

Upvote 0

mrbigfish43

Licensed Captain
Aug 8, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
Joe
Boat
1996 Grady White 268 Islander
Nice work Ryan!!!

Must be really cool to stoke out people for a living. Looking at the big picture, you're doing yeoman's work bringing new anglers onto the scene. It's easy to forget that nearly all of us started out similarly. I see future boat owners, tackle ho's, rod wrappers...who knows...the next Guy Harvey could be in one of those pics. The progression has to begin somewhere.

Keep up the great work Ryan!!!

I agree there should be a minimum size on YT, that issue needs to be taken up with the DFW.
You said it, all. The future of our sport. A lot of us forget how we started.

Reactions: NO4NMTL
Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    Thank you very much for the post and pictures. I have a new neighbor who has enjoyed eating the fish I've recently shared and has said he's interested in learning to catch his own. I was going to wait until mid-September and let the crowds thin out, because I didn't know that you were running the limited-load Catalina day trips. He can't go Thursday, but I will get him to go with me on the Triton either this week or the first week of September. It looks like the perfect situation to start someone in salt water!

Upvote 0

jigmonster

Jun 11, 2006
    Long Beach,Ca
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    50' Gail Force - 60' Triton
    Just booked a trip for us next Tuesday on the Triton! Hope to get Tyler into the game.

Awesome Gary! I will see you there! Make sure to bring fresh 20lb, 2/0 & 3/0 hooks and a rod you can cast a bait away from the boat with. Fluoro wouldn't hurt also.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
    Apr 5, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
    Hi Capt. Ryan...I'm interested in going on one of your trips. PM'd a couple of questions to you. Thanks!

Upvote 0