Offshore Life after being pissed off

Sep 13, 2018
East County
Name
Rusty
Boat
Skipjack
After 15 attempts at the BFT with nothing to show for it except a lighter wallet I thought it would probably beneficial to my sanity to head south and bag some yellowtail
20210725_200120_003.jpg
. So I got up early tapped my girlfriend on the shoulder and said I'm going fishing, she replied with you told me your not bf fishing anymore, my reply I'm not, I'm going for yt and I'll be back by 1pm I promise. Well folks first off don't ever say you'll be home by a certain time and promise trust me it never ends well. So here I am south of the 425 by myself catching fish 20+lb'ers look at my watch and it says 12:25 pm, rats I'm in big fat trouble I drop every thing and wide open I go. Get just south of the islands and came up on a nice paddy now I'm thinking should I or no keep going, needless to say I pulled one nice yt off it and back to wide open. Yes I got home late but at least this time I had her favorite fish on ice and my sanity back. They are there go get'm.

Tight lines every one and please be safe on the water!!!

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Great story! What's funny is when I tell my wife when I'll be home, she tells me to stay at the island for a couple more days!
    🤨 :D

Reactions: Bendobigtime
    Upvote 0