MJB

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    sold it!!
    Come on Dave & Rick let's see some of those pictures of the future killers!

I have taken back one of the bitches from my last litter. She's 22 months and full of hell so far she's got the pheasant & quail flushing down but she's a long way from the retrieve to hand.

Upvote 0

Rickshaw

Hard Core Fisherman's Father
    Aug 4, 2009
    San Diego CA USA
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    20 Foot Blackman Center Console STROKER II
    Dietz is the smartest dog I have ever owned, and at 61 I have owned a few. The killer instinct was showing its evil head at 9 weeks and the drive is there only somewhat controllable now. I have been working him local until he gets his final shots next week. Family will be glad when the razor wire teeth go away(they do go away right Mark)! I cant wait to get him out to my friends property out in Delzura. Look forward to meeting up with you and Dave one day.

Attachments

• IMG_1050.jpg
      IMG_1050.jpg
      296.3 KB · Views: 99
    • IMG_1036.jpg
      IMG_1036.jpg
      377.8 KB · Views: 86
    • IMG_1053.jpg
      IMG_1053.jpg
      237.8 KB · Views: 94
    Upvote 0

el Toro

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 19, 2003
    Point Loma
    Name
    Nate
    Boat
    Artemis
    Mark, you ever get a line on a finished dog, I'm interested. Cant handle a new pup and my kids right now, but a finished dog would be just the ticket.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    I thought I had heard & seen of nearly every breed of dog there was until I saw you guys talking about these a while back. I'd love to see more pics and hear & learn some more about these dogs. They seem very cool!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

MJB

• Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    sold it!!
    Nate I'll keep a look out. There is a fixed 2yr male in MO great family dog but hard on cats. A hunter had to give him up due too work.

Rick he looks good. You have a little over a year before he can be trusted with that hunt drive and the terrier keep away will be gone around then. Don't forget their hunt drive and cars are their biggest threats to life. If you need any insight or help with a problem let me know.

Upvote 0

MJB

• Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    sold it!!
    Blood tracking is a natural instinct with these dogs. Infact they are so smart they train them self on most things just set them up to succeed and after a few times your done. My new pup picked up the pheasant hunting after the second bird she flushed. She's ready for Baja! I gave you Sharon's number call her and find out about the male. It took 1 pig for Zoe to get the blood tracking. So far her toughest track job was a deer a buddy shot in the rain. We didn't get to the track until the next day no trail and it took 2 hrs but she found the track after I took her off the lead she found blood on some bushes and it was done in seconds after that.

?? Here is some info on the breed. They are true hunters always ready to go!! And because of that hunt drive I only sell my pups to hunters. They can be too much dog for some people. It's a special breed they can be a lap dog one moment and dis batch a coon next.

http://jagdterrierregistry.homestead.com/index.html

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    ?? Here is some info on the breed. They are true hunters always ready to go!! And because of that hunt drive I only sell my pups to hunters. They can be too much dog for some people. It's a special breed they can be a lap dog one moment and dis batch a coon next.

http://jagdterrierregistry.homestead.com/index.html

Thanks for that and I totally understand. I had a Jack Russel terrier for years before he was killed one night in our backyard by what was later told to me to be a coyote. This was about a year and a half ago, and he was a tough little dude, no question about it.... but something finally got the upperhand on him.

That was about a year and a half ago, and I finally bought me & my daughters a new dog about 5 months ago. I dig dogs and have always been a dog guy, so I was very interested when I saw that breed. They remind me of my Jack Russel (who was a handful & fearful of nothing) only much knarlier, which is almost scary!

I searched the breed & watched some videos, and all I can say is WOW...... crazy little hunting dogs those are! They really seem to live for that!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

MJB

• Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    sold it!!
    JR's can be some great hunters. I've hunted behind a few for pigs & quail.

The jagds are a little different less jumpy, have teeth of a 60lbs dog. They can carry a tennis ball at 6 weeks, web feet, a tail that's a handle, hunts by sight, sound and scent. And when not hunting an absolute lover with lots of character and wants to please you. They are easy to train......My oldest was in the top 3 dogs at a practice NAVHDA test a few years back after 2 months of me training her with my buddies GSP. They are so versatile that in one day my dogs blood tracked a deer, hunted pheasants all day then they harvested a yote near camp.

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
    Admin
    Apr 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    That Guy
    Boat
    SeaVee 340Z
    You've totally picked my interest in these dogs.

I don't want a lab but I wonder how it would get along with our pug/boston mix. I'm afraid the Jagd would eat her.

I'm not ready now as I don't have the time to train one right, but if a deal did come up on a finished bitch, I'd be all ears.

Bad ass little dogs.

Upvote 0

Rickshaw

Aug 4, 2009
    San Diego CA USA
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Ali, I have 2 Rat Terriers and a Pit/GSP mix that visits often. I was concerned that my Jagd would kill and eat the RT's but so far all is well, actually the RT bitch has been forced to grow some in order to keep what's hers and the Pit mix has made him feel humbled a few times. There are days when he is "DEMON DEVIL DOG" a name my wife has called him, then he is sitting on your lap taking a nap. I used to have several alligator lizards that lived in my back yard now all I find are carcasses. I haven't seen any traces of neighborhood cats, thank goodness. Dietz is learning to respect birds of prey even though the falcons have handed him a few scrapes in the process. One of these days my daughter, her Master falconer will hunt rabbits, dove, pheasants, ducks geese, coyotes, and raccoons using Dietz and falcons, hawks, and eagles.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
    Sep 6, 2005
    Escondido
    Name
    Buster Brown
    Boat
    28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"

I don't want a lab but I wonder how it would get along with our pug/boston mix. I'm afraid the Jagd would eat her.

I'm not ready now as I don't have the time to train one right, but if a deal did come up on a finished bitch, I'd be all ears.

Bad ass little dogs.

Ali it's all about training......Beau could eat/kill anything he wants but strict training keeps him in control.......and he's not neutered which takes more work but those Jag'd terriers are very smart dogs and should be able to do anything you throw at them.....

Upvote 0

Professor

Dec 17, 2003
    San Diego
    Visit site
    Name
    Yale
    Boat
    32' Blackman Sportfisher "Riley"

Bad ass little dogs.

I'm not sure your ready for a finished anything! Suggest you talk with wife and see if your training is close to done yet. Just a thought?????

Upvote 0

MJB

• Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    sold it!!
    Rick when they are a pup they are just like kids let them run around and then they will sleep.

The dogs are fine with other pets just socializing will make that work or put the two dogs in the same kennel worked for me. They are a terrier so the older they get the better they get. And they are not as blood thirsty as I make them sound. They have this hunting switch that you can turn on and off with a verbal command. 90% of the time they are sleeping.

Now a finished dog is real hard to come by and may not work the way you want. Everybody hunts differently so it may not match your style. That's why a pup and just a little time training or getting them on game is the key plus the bonding with your dog when they are young is a must. Most become so attached to this breed I get that call every so often with tears coming from a grown man telling me how much they loved that dog.

If you have a yard and a ball that's where you start the training just play fetch and build from there they have the hunt drive you just need to direct it.

Then just focus on the animals you want to hunt. You need to tell them the name of the animal when they see it and then again when they scent it. And do the same for animals you don't want them to hunt. It may sound like a lot of work but they are very smart and pick it up quickly.

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
    Admin
    Apr 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    That Guy
    Boat
    SeaVee 340Z
    Roger that. I know a finished dog is probably not going to happen, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I understand how to train a good house dog. A hunting dog is another endeavor I just don't have time for right now but I would like to do it some day.

Mark - If you ever want to come shoot our club, I'd love to have you as a guest. I'd love to see that dog in action.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
    Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    I'm not sure your ready for a finished anything! Suggest you talk with wife and see if your training is close to done yet. Just a thought?????

Did he say a pug? :rofl:

Upvote 0

DirtyDave413

Almost A Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Decatur, TX
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    rootbeer float
    Jagd's are the biggest assholes when they are puppies hahaha. Constantly fucking with the other dogs.

Here's Jessi

And Joey ready for the SD Pheasant trip

Upvote 0

MJB

• Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    sold it!!
    Scary pictures Dave.

I sure hope the girls bought that pink dog thing and not you........looks like they are getting along how's the pug/beagle liking the pup?

Upvote 0

DirtyDave413

Almost A Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Decatur, TX
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    rootbeer float
    Scary pictures Dave.

I sure hope the girls bought that pink dog thing and not you........looks like they are getting along how's the pug/beagle liking the pup?

Vest is actually florescent orange, just looks pink in the pic. I made it out of an old wetsuit. It was single digit temps in SD when we were there. Joey doesnt have any fat on her and it kept her warm.
    Sofi (the Puggle) is a grumpy old bitch haha. She tolerates Jessi some of the time...... Most of the time she growls at her when she walks by, but shes harmless

Upvote 0

MJB

• Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    sold it!!
    I would say the same thing!!

Seems these dogs love to sleep on top of the couches!! Spoiled bitches!!!

Zola is 22 months right now and came to me with no obedience she now is doing great.........but she fucks with Zoe from time to time and looses the battle.
    Zoe is the hairy one her coat is called a rough coat and she looses it after a few hunting trips running thru the brush and looks like a smooth coat with a tutu of hair around her hips.

Attachments

• Zola 21mths.jpg
      Zola 21mths.jpg
      337.9 KB · Views: 48
    • Zola zoe bkyd.jpg
      Zola zoe bkyd.jpg
      379.3 KB · Views: 47
    Upvote 0

MJB

• Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    sold it!!
    And here's a short duck retrieve from Zita she died this past spring and was a retrieving machine she would steel birds right out of other dogs mouths......It was great one dog in the ditches chasing birds the other retriving the ones that were flushed.....it was a one two combo where we lost very few runners.

Upvote 0

Rickshaw

Aug 4, 2009
    San Diego CA USA
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Here is Dietz at 14 weeks. All the baby razor teeth are gone and he is going thru his stubborn stage. He is eager to please and getting better around the rat terriers. My daughters pit/GSP mix keeps him on the ball, but he never backs down.

Attachments

• Dietz 14 weeks.jpg
      Dietz 14 weeks.jpg
      59.2 KB · Views: 48
    Upvote 0

Juny

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jun 15, 2010
    San Diego
    Name
    Jorge Bee
    Boat
    15' Gregor
    Woah. These are awesome little warriors.

Upvote 0