Let the debate begin...watch

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by Glad Wrap, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Fish Slapper

Fish Slapper I would love to be your Captain for a day!

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    30 Ft "Pacific Addiction". 26.5 ft Alumaweld Columbia "Turbos Palace"
    Yes police have changed but so has society and I get why they need to change as well...there are some good cops but there are allot of bad ones . I know a few cops personally ..some are ok guys and some are ass hats and I tell them that to their face and they think its funny because they have "power"..the part that scares me allot is when the good cops know the bad ones are doing bad things but do not turn them in for fear of breaking the "code of the blue brotherhood" or whatever its called. The one that I know that I consider to be a good dude (his father is a retired trooper and his grandfather was as well) is a pretty stand up guy and we have had some pretty deep conversations. Tey have a crappy job and I will be the first to say I would make the WORSE COP IN THE WORLD,,,hands down...if I came across some smart ass punk I would simply shoot him and move on...thats why I could NEVER be a cop...lol.. nor do I want to be. He has told me allot stuff that really pisses me off, he said when he was working primarily "DUI patrol" it probably averaged out to at least 1 time per week he would pull over another cop that was drunk and he would have to let him go because he was afraid that the other "cops" would turn on him for turning the other cop in, he says its "just the way it is" and he sees it on a regular basis...he said he actually pulled over his Lt and his wife one night and he was smashed leaving a local "cop bar" and he followed him home hoping he did not kill anyone....I gave him a bunch of shit and he said he hated it but when you call for back up if you are on the "rat list" no one may show up so he figures he has no choice...its shit like this that causes me to have such distrust with LEO and no respect for them. He sees it as a job and when he gets home he does not want to talk shop and does no really like to hang out with other cops which is not the norm for sure . I am on the "list" to go for a ride along just to see what he goes through but he did say he would have to "search me for weapons" before we go because he thinks I will want to shoot some bad guys...lol... seriously its a shitty job and I wished I could feel differently and we need police for sure...I just do not trust any of them but that certainly does not mean I am going to be walking down the street with an AR 15 over my shoulder either..i am thinking they saw the phone or they would have shot him right away...better not try that shit in Seattle...lol

2. EJ Swanny

EJ Swanny I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    Lot's of great posts, very valid points on both sides. I'm just curious...... when everyone says he is not breaking any laws and the police were unfounded in their "harrassment" of the individual? I would think that someone in this day and age of mall/school massacres walking down the road with a loaded AR is breaking some type of law?? Disturbing the Peace, unlawful endagerment, causing unrest or enciting panic?? If this guy was a nut job (everything still legal as far as ownership and registering the weapon) the police cannot do anything until he raises the rifle in a threatening manner???????? Personally I have no issue how the officers (for the most part) handled it. Why not be EXTRA cautious, what's the harm compared to alot of people getting massacred again??

Be safe all, Swanny

Glad Wrap likes this.
  3. Jailer-1

Jailer-1 Tuna junkie

Name:
    kevin
    Boat:
    24ft. north river offshore, tuna junkie
    Hell ya! Your absolutely right Scott... If someone is walking down the street purposely displaying a firearm, its just going to draw attention and scare most people. Not the kind of attention we as legal gun owners want.

Glad Wrap likes this.
  4. blackmouther

blackmouther 10%er during Salmon Season

Name:
    Fowlmotuher
    Boat:
    Shopping
    And like everybody else, nobody gives a flying fuck what you think. You look for reasons to take someones opinion and trash it. Always have and most likely always will. What makes your take on a subject more valid than someone elses? Thats right absolutely nothing. That and i think you may be one of the few that actually "ignore" other members. Childish cut bitch faggot shit right there.

5. Peteb

Peteb newbie my ass

Name:
    Pete
    Boat:
    20' Wooldridge Pisces II
    I'm sorry I've been following this for awhile and enjoying the banter back and forth, but what does "Childish cut bitch faggot shit right there" mean?

6. Tues

Tues Not my job...

Name:
    Penis
    I want to kick that cunt LEO in the cunt.

Elkfins likes this.
  7. blackmouther

blackmouther 10%er during Salmon Season

Name:
    Fowlmotuher
    Boat:
    Shopping
    Welcome back Tues! You just get out of prison?

Jermz likes this.
  8. Jermz

Jermz Slay'in and fillet'in

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    Your Mom
    Bullshit. I'll never give my id up unless I've committed a crime. I thought you studied law.

How many people that have open carried down the street have caused any real problems?

Clockwork likes this.
  9. Jermz

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    Your Mom
  10. whido isle

whido isle capt

Name:
    jay
    Boat:
    25' amf SS245 o/s (bart's legacy)
    What ever happened to just being able to take your gun home from the gun smith?? Maybe the gun was being worked on & so was the car, but gun was done first

11. wils

wils lazy-ass well known "member"

Name:
    bill
    Boat:
    I hate boats
    if you wouldnt give up your id for doing nothing, why would you give it up after committing a crime? that's kind of confusing. now that you have posted this on the internet, cops will know if youre guilty or not just by whether or not you provide them with your ID. :D

How many AR15s does it take to clear a small towns' local restaurant when the room gets swept from the soda counter?

Open carry your handguns on your belt. even sling a legit hunting rifle over your shoulder. But an AR15? with all the 'baggage' associated with it?
    as the saying goes: common sense aint so common any more.

12. Jermz

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    Your Mom
    I agree an AR is a bad idea to open carry. I wouldn't.

13. Barracuda1

Barracuda1 Master of None

Name:
    Fred
    Boat:
    Defiance 220 EX (BARRACUDA II)
    I've never felt the need to open carry (only concealed) but If I was gonna go for a stroll with a fire arm I don't think I would of chose a rifle. This guy completely wants the attention he's getting and the police could of handled this a little better. Having the shotgun pointed at him after he was unarmed and the attitude displayed seemed a little extreme. It was painfully obvious what he was up to after they began asking questions. You will get no debate from me, this is an open carry state and the law is the law but both sides on this video acted irrationally and this does nothing to help protect our rights as responsible gun owners. IMO..

Glad Wrap likes this.
  14. Line '79

Line '79 Still Livin'

Name:
    Officer Doofy
    Boat:
    Holding Air
    On two occasions I have had an officer question me about my shotgun while loading up to go duck hunting at 4am in front of my house. I don't think I will be carrying a 12 gauge down the streets of my town any time soon. At least not till October...

whido isle and Jermz like this.
  15. Spokaloo

Spokaloo I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    I build my own
    One thing to toss in, as all the focus has been on this dipshit open carrying a long rifle (a terrible self defense weapon in the urban environment), is looking at the rights of the rest of the people in the area.

While the cops used poor tactics, they were enforcing the legal rights of the property owners. Depending on the way the property was developed, the ownership of the sidewalks can fall to the site developer or occupant. In that case, the area he was on was private property, and as such he can be cited if he's on private property, has been asked to leave, and remains on said property. This is the family of laws they're hanging their case on, if I had to guess.

His right is to possess and carry. The property owner's right is to get him the fuck off their property. The cops, as always, are stuck in the middle and we only hope they make more right decisions than wrong ones.

Other than that, he's just an asshole looking to make a video. We all would carry medium caliber handguns for protection, because it's the right weapon for the job. That, my friends, is undeniable.

E

16. Ugly Bayliner

Ugly Bayliner I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Steve Ericsson
    Boat:
    20' Ugly Bayliner
    I know the area and the building, that is Big Al's Bowling and Fun Center, lots of kids and parents around. He broke no laws as far as open carry but trespassing possibly as it is private property.

I am curious though, why did the one cop unload his mag cartridge by cartridge onto the ground from a standing position, letting the ammo bounce all over the sidewalk and into the grass? This is extremely irresponsible in my opinion, if just one or two rounds gets lost and left behind, now you have a live round or two waiting to be found by a kid or possibly a lawn mower. Douchebag move right there and Hernandez - wow, she is a real piece of work.

17. Glad Wrap

Glad Wrap Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    boat whore

The problem is precption to the public, with the mass shootings we have in this country people get freaked when they see someone open carry a long gun into a store. He went looking for this sort of contact.

Yes the cops were dicks, but that doesn't change the fact that open carrying a long gun is just stupid. You are asking to create problems and to have negative contacts with police and the public.

I am all for open carry, but why a log gun?

As far as the ID.....if you haven't commited a crime why not provide it? Don't you think that might get you a little farther with the cops then basically telling them to pack sand? Like I said the cops were dicks and handled this porely.

18. Sluester

Sluester I kill stuff

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Killin time, Bill Collector
    The more people see open carry the more they'll get use to it. If I see a gun I'll be more at ease. At least I'll know he has a gun. CC you never know.......

I wish cops had to conceal their weapons, they make me nervous.:D

19. Glad Wrap

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    boat whore
    I agree with you on this only the fact that the kids car was on the property. If they wanted him to leave they should have walked him over to his car and watch him depart the property.

20. Glad Wrap

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    boat whore
    They did it to be a dick and was completely WRONG. I honeslty think he will be the one that gets any punishment out of this.

The Vancouver PD is a great department and normaly I would say I didn't think this would happen down there.