Throw a couple of Wilson’s here
Aug 17, 2017
Califonia
Name
Scott
Boat Name
Shogun
Sorry for the late post.
We had a excellent trip with Conner running the boat. We got boat limits on yellowtail I’d say avg size 18 lbs with a bunch of 25 lbers. We got those running south avoiding the never ending wind machine. They bit everything from fly line dropper loop yo yo and surface iron. I got all of mine on jigs. After that we ran up the line and fished the small yft near Ensenada plus some bonus dorado for a few. We also made a few rock cod drifts. We all got what we wanted beautiful reds and some lings. My new favorite jig is a red rip roller that got mangled from bft earlier in the year. A big red every drop.
We then made a run to the bft area near sci. Everyone scored on a plunker bite. With bft up to 150 if I remember right.
This group of people on this trip is nothing short of spectacular. Pete Grey was the charter master and gave out a bunch of swag. This was my 3rd year with this group and everyone on the trip I consider a friend. I brought along a couple of friends new to this style of fishing and they did really well. It seemed that all the passengers helped them figure it out. This was a great trip.
The biggest challenge of this trip was the weather and swell. It seamed that we hardly had any smooth days. That outer water wind just kept us rolling and running from a beating. Conner and the crew did a excellent job keeping us safe and getting us on biting fish. The food was fantastic and the deckhands are all first class.
Tackle tips
30lb flyline for daytime tuna stood out
40-60lb for yellowtail fishing down the coast Tady 4/0 for yo yo and jri 4 for surface iron
100 lb for night time fishing the jigs.
Regards
Scott

Upvote 0

DannyNoonan

Smarter than I look...
  • Apr 17, 2007
    3rd dumpster on the right
    Name
    Jim
    Boat Name
    Lund LX200 LFC
    Scott

Good to hear you had a solid trip! I’m getting ready to road trip out for Sam’s trip in 2 weeks. I’ll be at the shop most of the day on Friday beforehand - if you’re free, swing on by. Would be great to see you ( and get a few pointers!)…

Regards, Jim

Upvote 0

Scott McPherson

Throw a couple of Wilson’s here
    Aug 17, 2017
    Califonia
    Name
    Scott
    Boat Name
    Shogun
    Scott

Good to hear you had a solid trip! I’m getting ready to road trip out for Sam’s trip in 2 weeks. I’ll be at the shop most of the day on Friday beforehand - if you’re free, swing on by. Would be great to see you ( and get a few pointers!)…

Regards, Jim
    Hey Jim
    I’ll be at work Friday. Sorry to miss you
    Have a great trip and safe travels.
    Regards
    Scott

Upvote 0

gb58

Almost A Member
    Nov 10, 2006
    vista,ca
    Name
    greg braun
    Boat Name
    none
    Sorry for the late post.
    We had a excellent trip with Conner running the boat. We got boat limits on yellowtail I’d say avg size 18 lbs with a bunch of 25 lbers. We got those running south avoiding the never ending wind machine. They bit everything from fly line dropper loop yo yo and surface iron. I got all of mine on jigs. After that we ran up the line and fished the small yft near Ensenada plus some bonus dorado for a few. We also made a few rock cod drifts. We all got what we wanted beautiful reds and some lings. My new favorite jig is a red rip roller that got mangled from bft earlier in the year. A big red every drop.
    We then made a run to the bft area near sci. Everyone scored on a plunker bite. With bft up to 150 if I remember right.
    This group of people on this trip is nothing short of spectacular. Pete Grey was the charter master and gave out a bunch of swag. This was my 3rd year with this group and everyone on the trip I consider a friend. I brought along a couple of friends new to this style of fishing and they did really well. It seemed that all the passengers helped them figure it out. This was a great trip.
    The biggest challenge of this trip was the weather and swell. It seamed that we hardly had any smooth days. That outer water wind just kept us rolling and running from a beating. Conner and the crew did a excellent job keeping us safe and getting us on biting fish. The food was fantastic and the deckhands are all first class.
    Tackle tips
    30lb flyline for daytime tuna stood out
    40-60lb for yellowtail fishing down the coast Tady 4/0 for yo yo and jri 4 for surface iron
    100 lb for night time fishing the jigs.
    Regards
    Scott
    i've done a lot of trips with Conner. great guy

Upvote 0

greatbasin

• Jun 22, 2007
    Idaho
    Name
    Greg
    Boat Name
    Knot Yet
    Great trip with awesome group of friends. Bonus is, I got my new PB Bluefin 154lbs. I cannot wait for next year! Thanks all.

Upvote 0