Fish whisperer
Feb 13, 2015
Huntington Harbor
Name
Brian
Boat
Shamrock 246 Walkaround
World seems so serious these days.

Who else hates lemon taste or juice on their fish? Seems always that one guy who takes his week old fillet and tries to cover up the nasty with it. One person making a bad name for the rest of us
:imdumb:

Don’t get me wrong; love me some rock fish ceviche with lemon, lime, and orange juices.

Also been known to throw down some lemon or lime zest on some fresh tuna poke; or the occasional finger lime on some toro sushi if I can find finger lime.

I invite anyone to throw out their favorite fish dish that involves some lemon. Please change my mind and stomach :urno1:

• Haha
Reactions: joe pimentel

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
Oct 25, 2010
Hermosa Beach, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
Ceviche: cook with lemon first, then after removing excess and adding pico de Gallo veggies, add pineapple juice, chopped mint, and pear cubes to taste.

• Wow
Reactions: joe pimentel

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
What ? trying to hide the taste of old fish with lemon is wrong but lemon used on fish&chips with some malt vinegar and tartar or Swordfish with lemon and butter is very tasty.

nefarious235

Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Cerviche

HighWildFree

Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Spaghetti Madness
Had some fried shrimps this weekend. Squeezed a lemon over top, and dipped in spicy cocktail sauce. So dang good!!! Even better with fired Calamari or clam strips.

Reactions: plj46

AKSalmon

Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
I love rockfish and yellowtail lightly sautéed with a picate sauce of butter, shallots, capers, white wine, parsley -- and lemon. Absolutely fantastic.

joe pimentel

Me Hung Low
Dec 27, 2010
pismo beach, ca. U.S.A.
Name
Joe P.
Boat
The Pacific Mistress
15948452000081500765325178094192.jpg

Love lemon on fish my neighbors tree really produces, she says help your self :shake: I'm like thanks but no thanks to much 😼 :shithappens: under the tree for me. I call them cat shit lemons and laugh my ass off every time someone is picking them to take home. They just look in the tree picking away not realizing they are stepping on it all 😂 it's so bad. It's like a Tootsie Roll Factory 🏭 so gross . cheers :720icon:

Reactions: stella marina

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
View attachment 1171058
Love lemon on fish my neighbors tree really produces, she says help your self :shake: I'm like thanks but no thanks to much 😼 :shithappens: under the tree for me. I call them cat shit lemons and laugh my ass off every time someone is picking them to take home. They just look in the tree picking away not realizing they are stepping on it all 😂 it's so bad. It's like a Tootsie Roll Factory 🏭 so gross . cheers :720icon:
Are the cats climbing the tree and shitting on the lemons?

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
No she just waters the crap into the soil that feeds the tree 😂 come get you some.
I bet you wear a mask in the car alone and didnt do well in science

joe pimentel

Me Hung Low
Dec 27, 2010
pismo beach, ca. U.S.A.
Name
Joe P.
Boat
The Pacific Mistress
We did wear masks in the car and it was funny. My wife did not want the Corona Virus as I tested positive for so yes that's me 😂 . she is a cancer survivor 2x so you don't always know the whole story when you see that person in the car.
As far as science I chose band and have been rocking the drums ever since.

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
Acids neutralize amines. Lemon, limes, oranges, tomato and vinegar are acidic and complement fish very well.

Amines are basic compounds with strong odors. The odor of amines is often described as "fishy" since the odor of raw fish comes from the amines contained. Sometimes even "foul smelling" is an understatement, and two of the amines produced in decaying flesh have suggestive names (cadaverine and putresine).

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
Acids neutralize amines. Lemon, limes, oranges, tomato and vinegar are acidic and complement fish very well.

Amines are basic compounds with strong odors. The odor of amines is often described as "fishy" since the odor of raw fish comes from the amines contained. Sometimes even "foul smelling" is an understatement, and two of the amines produced in decaying flesh have suggestive names (cadaverine and putresine).
This^^^^^
He nailed it.

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
Oct 25, 2010
Hermosa Beach, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
Blasphemy!!!!
Yes, hugely delicious blasphemy!

Try adding raisins to every 3rd meatball in your albondigas, and chopped camote in the soup!

Last edited:
Reactions: twotrack

stonefly

Apr 21, 2007
sacramento, ca.
Name
randy welsh
Boat
16' mirrocraft
That sounds strangely tasty to me!
It may well be but it's some sort of fish salad which he can name as he pleases not Ceviche.

Ceviche is a preparation of raw fish and IMO even using lemons rather than limes is a bit of creative license.

Lemon on fish has historically been a way to make bad fish palatable.

Now it's just in the water that people think lemon and fish pair well,

if you enjoy it fine.......none of my business but to me lemon=bad fish.