El Sapo

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 11, 2015
Compton
Name
Steven Resendiz
Boat
None
First of all I want to thank bloody decks for being such an awesome network of this sport. I’ve met some of my best friends on this site & I can’t say enough about how being honest and mindful opens the doors.

So this awful nice guy inherits his uncle’s entire vintage rod & tuna jig collection of over 200 rods from the 1950’s, 60’s & 70’s as his one of the wishes from his estate. Upon receiving delivery of the rods, He calls around asking for advice, but no one seems to want to help him figure out what he has. Instead they make all kinds of offers and nobody’s being honest about his inheritance by letting him know the worth, the history, or value of these vintage gems, they’re just harassing him about buying all his stuff. He gives me a call, I make the drive to his home, meet his family, & we knock back a few glasses of scotch, pull on everything more than once, and swapped fishing stories. I can honestly say, that I got more out of meeting this fellow than I did from the shock & awe of his entire collection! I was talking to a real collector the other day & he says, “ I want to share my collection with more folks, but these days my collection just makes me a target.” It’s really unfortunate that making a dollar has trumped appreciation & respect for the history and treasures of this incredible sport!!
And to my surprise, this gentleman who’s name I withhold in confidence of his wishes, as I’m walking to my car, chases me down and gives me a pristine lemon yellow Lamiglas 528 Neptuna beefstick, and a few abalone shell looking jigs just for the chat. Wow, just wow.
Thank you again bloody decks for allowing me to meet some of the finest folks in the world, true men of caliber & integrity, who keep & honor their word, hold true their values and say a thing only once. Salad!
-Steve

5CBA5A07-40C5-4921-83B6-58462069CD29.png

8D000B6B-FC86-4E44-876A-A4F1BC4789D3.png

60045F5B-BF3C-4CCE-A2C4-2CD141C70395.png

nefarious235

Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Nice

Reactions: El Sapo

jackpotfish

jackpotfish
Oct 14, 2006
so cal
Name
J L
Boat
soon
Wow great job Steve!!! Rare find indeed it’s so awesome to hear great hart worming story like this, now Steve where is my!!!! Hahahahahahaha

Reactions: El Sapo

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Way to go Steve, the quest is over

Mtnfshr

Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
Great story! That's a gift to be treasured. Karma found you big time. Congratulations!

auqman

It's only blowing 30 let's go !!
Dec 14, 2019
Southern California
Name
Arthur
Boat
Ocean Master 36
It’s interesting how you post this up on a pedestal when you’re the one who begs people To sell you shit from their collections promising them you’re not going to flip it and post it three days later for a astronomical price.

stripedbizzle

Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles ca
Name
JTM
Boat
No
It’s interesting how you post this up on a pedestal when you’re the one who begs people To sell you shit from their collections promising them you’re not going to flip it and post it three days later for a astronomical price.

This story is fake. i have the same pictures of this rod in my text messages from 3 months ago from some guy asking $2,500. So if it was the helpless inheritor then he somehow knew this rod in particular was special and worth a shit load - but why would he give it away then?

Or a more likely scenario this guy paid an assload for a rod but still wanted to flex like he did not.

Or its true and hes been fishing for BIG offers

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I'm glad a couple of you said what i wanted to say right after this was posted.

Reactions: kevina and Bold

1badf350

Oct 12, 2015
Nags Head, NC
Name
Chris
Boat
None
So, why is this in the classifieds annnnnd.... not in the vintage gear section?
Because this is the only section he knows how to post in. Look at the post history, hes here for no other reason than to take advantage of the classified section

Reactions: plj46 and Bold

chxh8me

Anchovy Slayer
Jul 20, 2010
Thousand Oaks
Name
Mike
Boat
21' Whaler Walkaround
Because this is the only section he knows how to post in. Look at the post history, hes here for no other reason than to take advantage of the classified section
Oh I know. This looks like a fishing expedition to me.

padsfan

Sep 6, 2005
San Diego
Name
Chris
Boat
prowler 13
This story is fake. i have the same pictures of this rod in my text messages from 3 months ago from some guy asking $2,500. So if it was the helpless inheritor then he somehow knew this rod in particular was special and worth a shit load - but why would he give it away then?

Or a more likely scenario this guy paid an assload for a rod but still wanted to flex like he did not.

Or its true and hes been fishing for BIG offers
Lets see those pictures 🤓