Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat Name
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
I've heard props for both boats and my son & I are looking for a 1.5 on April 3. Legend is rolling to Colonett, while Holiday is freelancing. Same price. Looking for feedback on the boats and whether Colonett or freelancing will be better this time of year. Thanks in advance cuz I know there's some guys out there with knowledge.

Upvote 0

PlugSlinger7x

When In Doubt...Yo-Yo
Jan 9, 2009
Del Mar,Ca.
Name
Mike Saldivar
Boat Name
CHAIR 9 & 14 MAMMOTH MTN...Pacific Voyager
Matter of choice really...If it was up to me...I would fish with Randy on the Holiday...He is really trying hard to get people on fish...Great crew and good food...the rest is fishing...your choice though...

Upvote 0

harryo

harryo
May 9, 2005
San Diego
Name
Harry Okuda
Boat Name
sold
"Legend". Going up the side of the boat to the head at 2 in the morning is for the shits, but Shawn catches fish. I pee in back on the deck. Seaya!
harryo

Upvote 0

PlugSlinger7x

When In Doubt...Yo-Yo
Jan 9, 2009
Del Mar,Ca.
Name
Mike Saldivar
Boat Name
Legend is nicer than the Holiday????? Take another look...Legend is definitely more spartan....but to each their own..both get fish in the box and that's what counts at the end of the day...

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
"Legend". Going up the side of the boat to the head at 2 in the morning is for the shits, but Shawn catches fish. I pee in back on the deck. Seaya!
harryo

Upvote 0

jakeellie

Almost A Member
Mar 20, 2006
Santa Clarita
Name
Brian
Boat Name
Seaweed 45' Sportfisher
I'd go with the Legend. Shawn is a top notch captain. Chances are the Holiday will be down that way too, but overall operation on the Legand for a "typical" overnight boat cant be beat.

Upvote 0

ktg62

Jul 25, 2006
San Diego
dalofamily.zoomshare.com
Name
Karen
Boat Name
Pink Please
I've heard props for both boats and my son & I are looking for a 1.5 on April 3. Legend is rolling to Colonett, while Holiday is freelancing. Same price. Looking for feedback on the boats and whether Colonett or freelancing will be better this time of year. Thanks in advance cuz I know there's some guys out there with knowledge.

Both boats are good...I'd fish with Randy though if Colnett is what your planning...Legend never seems to make it there, and Randy knows where those ledges are.

Upvote 0

circlehook55

Almost A Member
Jul 22, 2008
Oc Cali
Name
Curtis
Boat Name
14',cobra, kayak, 22' Gregor
I have never fished the Holiday however I cannot reccomend the Legend and this is why!

The Legend advertises they are going to Colonett and goes to the finger bank or closer. Had it happen to me last year in March. The excuses the captain made were Giant squid have eaten all the rockfish and it takes to long to get there for a 1.5 day anyway.He also stated "if you wanna bitch about it get off now". Not exactly what I call freindly service.
By the way I called Captain Trowbridge to ask about the above statements made by his substitute and his answer was " no boat goes exactly where advertised, they fish where the fish are or the weather permits". Due to the weather being fine that weekend and other boats catching limits at Colonett, the Legend had absolutely no intention of going to Colonett and deceived its customers plus charged a surcharge for fuel on a trip that did not go 25% the distance it was supposed to. These facts are verified by numerous other threads about the Legend not going to Colonett and the many unhappy fishermen who voiced their opinion here on bloddydecks. .

Tight lines and good luck.

Upvote 0

ktg62

Jul 25, 2006
San Diego
dalofamily.zoomshare.com
Name
Karen
Boat Name
Pink Please
I have never fished the Holiday however I cannot reccomend the Legend and this is why!

The Legend advertises they are going to Colonett and goes to the finger bank or closer. Had it happen to me last year in March. The excuses the captain made were Giant squid have eaten all the rockfish and it takes to long to get there for a 1.5 day anyway.He also stated "if you wanna bitch about it get off now". Not exactly what I call freindly service.
By the way I called Captain Trowbridge to ask about the above statements made by his substitute and his answer was " no boat goes exactly where advertised, they fish where the fish are or the weather permits". Due to the weather being fine that weekend and other boats catching limits at Colonett, the Legend had absolutely no intention of going to Colonett and deceived its customers plus charged a surcharge for fuel on a trip that did not go 25% the distance it was supposed to. These facts are verified by numerous other threads about the Legend not going to Colonett and the many unhappy fishermen who voiced their opinion here on bloddydecks. .

Tight lines and good luck.

RIGHT ON!

Upvote 0

PlugSlinger7x

When In Doubt...Yo-Yo
Jan 9, 2009
Del Mar,Ca.
Name
Mike Saldivar
Boat Name
need I say more...finger Bank perch and slimers instead of reds and lings....hmmmmmmmm???? and you get butt raped on the fuel surcharge???? WEAK.....

Upvote 0

telcofish

Almost A Member
Apr 25, 2008
San Diego
Name
David
Boat Name
Yours, I'll pay for gas
2 WEEKS AGO I WAS ON THE HOLIDAY FOR The DOLLS 'N BALLS TOURNEY
( I WON BIGGEST FISH the picure is on the Holiday's web site. That same weekend The Legend had a trip to Colonett that same weekend well i did not see them their guss they saved some money and went short. Shawn has an attude yes I suck at spelling and grammer.

Upvote 0

telcofish

Almost A Member
Apr 25, 2008
San Diego
Name
David
Boat Name
Yours, I'll pay for gas
2 WEEKS AGO I WAS ON THE HOLIDAY FOR The DOLLS 'N BALLS TOURNEY
( I WON BIGGEST FISH the picure is on the Holiday's web site. The Legend had a trip to Colonett that same weekend well i did not see them their guss they saved some money and went short. Shawn has an attude yes I suck at spelling and grammer.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
trowbridge catches fish wether you like him or not,do you go on boats to fish or to play pattycakes with the captain?i have seen long range captains be total pricks but id jump on their boats in a second because they are badass fisherman.im not going on a mandate,im going fishing!i dont know anything about the colonett/ fingerbank issue as i dont usually fish rockfish in mexico.i have not been on the holiday since the ownership change but im gonna try it when i get a chance as its either a great boat or they give free rides to alot of people.ive never heard so many people all pushing a boat as if they got commission or something for it,do they have a fleshlight in every bunk?ill definitely fish both boats this year.

Upvote 0

Buddha

Almost A Member
Jun 22, 2008
Irvine
Name
Greg
Boat Name
UCSB- Daughters School
I had the most negative experience ever on a sportfishing vessel aboard the Legend. I dont need the captain or crew to hold my hand or be a cheerleader. But for me, gone are the days when I will pay good money to get treated like shit.

Upvote 0

Raginkjn

Oct 30, 2008
Quartz Hill, Ca.
Name
Keith
Boat Name
24' Vendetta
Holiday.They do charge $10 a bunk when you sign in on the boat, and $1.00 per cup of a coffee. Just letting you know so you bring plenty of $$$. Randy is a great captain and Ricky, Josh, and Tommy make a good crew.

Upvote 0