Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
Hello fellow BD'ers,

Anyone have a good connection for the bad ass leather double sheath pliers that most of the deckhands have? Tried the guy from the Excel but that was two months ago and havent heard back from him.

Bill

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
I know of a person back in Wisconsin that does custom leather work, and is quite good. He makes custom holsters for pistols as well. I had him make me a custom sheath for two pliers and a spike. You can check his work out on Facebook, Todd Korup. If you decide to contact him, let me know or you may not receive a response; he doesn't reply to folks he doesn't know. I was lucky, I had an inside track as he works with my daughter.

skipjackrobert

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
Mjbfish here on bd does them....

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
Hit up Oscar on the Indy. He makes and sells them
Oscar does a nice job but very difficult to get him to get me 1. I tried for over a month and finally gave up and had Mjbfish make me 1...perhaps you will have better luck with Oscar....good luck..

Reactions: calvinc619

Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
Thanks for the input guys!!!

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure

JonT baja22

Mar 31, 2014
Chula vista
Name
Jon
Boat
Fish n chix
Go to any old fashioned shoe repair shop, and they'll make you one for $50 or less. They'll even oil tan the leather.
I doubt the quality will be as good. You get what you pay for

Last edited:

Baller

Jig Chucker
Nov 16, 2010
La Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
American Angler
Got the info I need! Thanks again one and all!

Nardo

Capt. Nick
Jun 7, 2010
Santa Barbara, California
Name
Nick
Boat
"EL TIBURON" - 25' Anderson
Heritage Leather Co.

Purchased 3-4 different sheaths from them (single pliers, double pliers, release tool, snips,...). Inexpensive and high quality. $6-12 ea. Think the two I really liked was #67 & #69. You gotta check um out!

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Heritage Leather Co.

Purchased 3-4 different sheaths from them (single pliers, double pliers, release tool, snips,...). Inexpensive and high quality. $6-12 ea. Think the two I really liked was #67 & #69. You gotta check um out!

Really good info from you and the other guy on Heritage Leather Co. I just looked them up, and they have all kinds of stuff. Only problem is, I cant seem to find a price on the numerous sheaths they show? I also don't see where to order?

http://www.heritageleatherco.com/categories/Tool-Holders/

Solid tip though, thanks!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Nardo

Capt. Nick
Jun 7, 2010
Santa Barbara, California
Name
Nick
Boat
"EL TIBURON" - 25' Anderson

JonT baja22

Mar 31, 2014
Chula vista
Name
Jon
Boat
Fish n chix

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
I figure if u spend 3k on a 10 day, 500.00 for a reel with line, and 400 for a rod, and have multiple set ups, dropping 100 to 150 on a sheath that will last a lifetime is a worthwhile investment. :)

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Looked at heritage website , those sheaths are cute .. Order a few so when your on the boat you look like a Mexican Gardner . Lol
Knock yourself out spending that $100+ on a little piece of leather to hold some pliars. You might want to check Heritage a little closer though, since their sheaths are for many different tools, and not just garden tools. Looks to me like they have sheaths that are molded to fit the channel lock dykes that it looks you possibly have in your picture.

Personally some of them look quite good IMO, and with a little Baseball glove oil, you can tan those bad boys up and make them look real good, even for a gucci sheath guy like you ;). And just think, at a cost of $15 or less for something that will serve the same purpose, look as good and last as long...... you might just be saving $100 or more which could go towards some more bitchen dykes!!! :)

The unknown fisherman:p: