geramiecg

Almost A Member
Apr 24, 2012
OC
Name
Geramie
Boat
2021 22 ft Bayliner T22CC Trophy center console
Hooped Long Beach Harbor yesterday afternoon till this morning. Out all night but was able to catch 5 nice-sized Lobster off of chopped up sardines from Nachos. Fished one of the smaller break walls inside the harbor in 25 to 40 feet of water. Probably could have gotten a limit, but the sea lions came out to play.

20211204_102436.jpg

Blackfish
Blackfish
Nice haul. Just an idea to help save you $20-$25 on ice. Freeze some water bottles. Lay the bottles across the bottom of your cooler, then soak a towel in ocean/saltwater. Lay the towel over the bottles, place the bugs on the wet towel, and cover the lobsters with another ocean/saltwater soaked towel.
Upvote 0
geramiecg
geramiecg
Thanks Blackfish. I will do that next time!!
Upvote 0

shindoman

• Aug 23, 2021
    Placentia, CA
    Name
    Troy Shandy
    Boat
    Seaswirl Striper 26' WA
    Man that makes for a long night but very inspiring!

T2

geramiecg
    geramiecg
    Thanks! Took a shower and knocked out for a little after I cleaned my boat! Going to go to the store and get some Zatarain's crab boil, and cook them all up in a big tamale pot in a little bit!
    Upvote 0

C-4 Fishing

Feb 4, 2014
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    Kayak
    Bad ass dude
    That is a long time on the water.

How many sets did you get in?

Reactions: geramiecg
    geramiecg
    geramiecg
    Thanks brother! I didn't pull up sets every single hour. Fished here and there for a few small Sand Bass, Calico Bass, and sculpin that I released in between sets. I pulled up 9 sets of 5 nets because I was the only one out on my boat
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat
    26 Blackman Billfisher
    Was there any particular time you were out when the crawled the best?
    Compare those times to the tides and use the info on future trips.

You're an animal!

Reactions: geramiecg
    geramiecg
    geramiecg
    Yes, that's what I tried to do. I follow the incoming and outgoing tides, and the moon phases on a website called tides4you.com . I usually like the days that have little or no moon with big tide swings in the difference in height between low tide and high tide. I also like to fish the incoming tide better around sunset!
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0