LB 6480H question

Spear or rod

• Aug 31, 2008
    San Francisco
    Name
    Tommy T
    Boat
    Anything that floats
    Hey Guys- thought I’d ask the rod builders this question. So, scored a lb 6480H & wondering what material to rewrap with or if I even need to. Rod is pristine. appreciate any ideas & feedback. Thx guys. Tommy
    Planning on putting Fthm 25N on it.

BA809CE8-A4AB-40E9-84B2-F191919AF252.jpeg

Upvote 0

Mike D.

Dec 18, 2018
    Newport
    Name
    Michael
    Boat
    Surfboard
    Maybe if it has stainless steel guides it might be worth rewrapping to guides with inserts, but probably more work than it is worth.

Upvote 0

spongehead

"ONE FISH AT A TIME"
    Sep 12, 2010
    garden grove, ca
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Maria
    id fish it till rings start popping off well check rings months before ur trip if it crackles pops either rewrap or replace if u can find same ones. dont drop ur rod same goes for any ring material.

Upvote 0

IronMikeAC

Aug 2, 2013
    torrance, ca
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Vagabond
    I assume it has those old 2-footed stainless rings. I hate those things, always pops in the middle of the trip. Get some basic turbos and rewrap it. I've done that with all my old seekers. Blank is still awesome.

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
    Sep 9, 2010
    SouthBay SF
    Name
    The Kid
    Boat
    Aquasport 222 FFV
    Looks new. Bet it has quality black braced rings they did after the Ti guides. I'd just fish it. They did some good thread work compared to the new style.

If you rewrap, make it look original with the Ti guides they had for a while 2010ish. I have a few and they are fish killers. I fish 50lb on mine.

Upvote 0

Tyler Doan

• Nov 9, 2016
    Anaheim
    Name
    Tyler
    Boat
    Parker 2520 MV
    Like everyone before, I'd fish it until the guides fall apart. Then if you do decide to have it rewrapped it, I can rewrap it for you.

Upvote 0