PENN

NewFreejack

Jul 5, 2007
Carlsbad, ca
Name
Joel King
Boat
2320 Sport Cabin Parker
Cleared the point at 5am with a scoop and a half of ultra tiny chovie with a few hook baits mixed in. Decided to look out west for bigger grade along the 182 ridge and out only to find decent bird life but no tunafish for us. Around 9:30 we heard wfo "out of bait" radio fish south east of the 182 at 37 over 39 and decided to have a look as it was only 5 miles inside of us and we still had a stripe going. It was a pretty slow day out there based on the mood on the radio and every boat on the horizon gunned it for those numbers. Looked to be at least 15 to 20 boats jockeying the paddy as we got in to the area. Interestingly enough, everyone must've missed/ignored the small paddy with a bird on it less than a mile up swell of the armada and we proceeded to slide in and go wfo all alone for two hours watching boats blow by us chasing the radio fish. Our numbers were 38 over 38 after our drift and we ended the day with 25 yft 8 to 25lbs and yes they got line shy after about 20 minutes. Thanks to the boat calling out those numbers, we wouldn't have found our bite without it.

Of interesting note, on the way out the 9 was corroded with the most red crab I've ever seen with Mack, bullet tuna, skippies, and yft all busting it up but nothing wanted anything with a hook in it. Also, got absolutely SMOKED on a natural cedar plug trolling across the 9 on the way home. Dumped 300 yards of 80lb off a tiagra 50w in short order. Unbottoned with a few violent head shakes shortly after it stopped its run and the jig came back marked up looking like the product of a late season hoobot. We had marauders and Marlin jigs in the spread and of course it hit the only tuna lure. If I was going to fish after the weather, I'd look south around the 302 and below. Seems like this batch of biting fish is sliding that way.

Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the video!

Get some!!

Upvote 0

collector21

Time to fish.
Jul 10, 2011
Sun City Arizona
Name
Bill Achtenberg
Boat
Sea Jay-Trophy 2002 WA 97 New Merc 150 EFI 4 Stroke/14' Alumacraft
Nice, great report and video. That's the nicest Parker 2320 I ever saw, beautiful boat.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Great trip. I enjoyed the video. A really nice ride also!

Upvote 0

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Coolio, nice work!

Upvote 0

Spoons