Offshore Late to the show ....

LTrain0614

May 8, 2013
Orange
Name
L Train
Boat Name
27' Radon LRB
My buddy R and I decided to run for some BFT. Launched DP .... bigger swells going out but laid down nice for the rest of the day ... did just shy of 30 MPH coming in ... it was nice!!!

Launched DP ... 267 (5 miles after passing 267 propper - PLENTY of dolphins ... 1 mola - that was it) ... 277 (nada) ... 152 (nada) ... up the Slide ... Avalon Bank (saw a handful of boats here & fished here but apparently late to the game - chummed HEAVY & was able to meter a few but nothing materialized) & ended at 14 mile bank.

Trolled the Madmac 200 from 267 all the way through to the end (14 mile bank).

If we ran straight to Avalon Bank and fished there ... maybe would've gotten lucky?

scbassmaster

twin22s
Sep 8, 2006
san clemente
Name
Brian
Boat Name
1982 Glastron SeaFury216 “Elizabeth”
From looking at the charts myself seems like the good temp break moved north of the 14 mile bank. I’m hoping conditions improve closer to DPH or I might just be playing with the 3 Bs along the beach on Saturday…

Upvote 0

LTrain0614

May 8, 2013
Orange
Name
L Train
Boat Name
27' Radon LRB
From looking at the charts myself seems like the good temp break moved north of the 14 mile bank. I’m hoping conditions improve closer to DPH or I might just be playing with the 3 Bs along the beach on Saturday…

On our route, we found the temp break north of the 14 mile, closer to Avalon Bank.

Upvote 0

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat Name
skiff
My buddy R and I decided to run for some BFT. Launched DP .... bigger swells going out but laid down nice for the rest of the day ... did just shy of 30 MPH coming in ... it was nice!!!

Launched DP ... 267 (5 miles after passing 267 propper - PLENTY of dolphins ... 1 mola - that was it) ... 277 (nada) ... 152 (nada) ... up the Slide ... Avalon Bank (saw a handful of boats here & fished here but apparently late to the game - chummed HEAVY & was able to meter a few but nothing materialized) & ended at 14 mile bank.

Trolled the Madmac 200 from 267 all the way through to the end (14 mile bank).

If we ran straight to Avalon Bank and fished there ... maybe would've gotten lucky?
about what time did you get to the Avalon bank?

Reactions: LTrain0614
Upvote 0

JoelSC

Jul 7, 2021
San Clemente
Name
Joel Altavilla
Boat Name
14’ Klamath
I had a school just a few miles out but no bite.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Way to get out and give a long look. Fish on the move, times of change again. Geez
    Like I say..."You'll never know ....unless you GO....fishing"!!

Upvote 0