Coming along...
Aug 24, 2011
Hemet
Name
Jason
Boat
Plus One
Sorry a bit late.

Fished a two day on the Voyager out of Seaforth. Left Friday night, returned Sunday night. Capt. Todd, second Chuck, Matt on deck and Nolan in the galley and on deck.
Great crew, great food, good weather and good fishing.

Left Mission Bay and went straight to the Tanner Bank. (105-110 miles out.) On anchor at the Tanner by 7:30 a.m. consistent yellowtail fishing on flylined smaller grade sardines. Those fishing dropper loops and on the YoYo caught a nice selection of bottom grabbers. The yellowtail were a solid grade of fish. Ended Saturday with three yellowtail abs a bunch of bonito (released).

Fished the dark on Saturday night for BFT, no biters.

Sunday morning found us anchored on the lee side of San Clemente, along with 28 other boats that I counted at one point. Found consistent yellowtail and calico fishing at the island with a few sheepshead, barracuda, abs miscellaneous bottom fish thrown in. Ended the day here with two more large yellow, with several barracuda and bass released. Also bought home one sheepie.

Brought five rods on the boat, fished one rod the entire time. Shimano Terez rod, Diawa Saltist reel and 30 lb. fluorocarbon.

Good times had by all.

F2345697-D3AD-4554-849F-2A3D6E6D8703.jpeg

C12D2202-472E-416A-80F2-864C9709DC07.jpeg

86144E54-C2E4-4F2A-8571-426586CD3415.jpeg

Mr GreenJeans

Aug 23, 2006
Irvine
Name
David
Boat
Kayak
I’ve been on it a few times. It does mostly charters, which tells you it’s a good boat. Very fishy. At 55x15 it’s smaller than some of the other charters. The 15‘ beam makes it a bit tippy. They usually fish with a load of 12 or 13. It’s been a while, but my memory is that the galley isn’t quite big enough to serve everybody in one seating. Skipper and crew work hard and usually post a very good fish count. I would fish it again without hesitation.

Upvote 0

Plus One

Coming along...
Aug 24, 2011
Hemet
Name
Jason
Boat
Plus One
Going on that boat during the Labor day weekend. Never been on it. What can you tell us about the layout and the operation? Thanks
The boat is fishy and the captain and crew are great. Those qualities make a great combo for fishing. I fish with a group that charters this boat every year

It is a small boat though. The boat is only 55’X15’. It seems quick and is able to get you where the fish are.

I love this boat and crew. They work hard and will do everything they can to put you on fish. The boat holds plenty of bait for 1.5-2.5 day trips. They will fill the slammer with bait as well. Boat drifts stern first and the tuna shuffle is the way to go when not on the pick.

The following is not a criticism, just my observations as I do love this boat. We fished 17 guys. The boat was completely full with 17 guys, no extra bunks. The boat fishes better with a few less guys. 14 is optimal.

There is very little room to sit on the boat. Deck space will be taken by tackle and gear. Best tip you will receive is to bring a small folding camp chair to sit on between spots and when under steam. There is seating for 6 in the galley comfortably, 8 if you squeeze. Food is great. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day.

Bunks are standard, if not a bit small. Very little room in bunk area. Best to bring fewer guys so there are a few open bunks to store your stuff. Bring your own pillow and bedding.

Plenty of space for rods.

Good luck. Hope you have a great trip. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: Brad I and Abusaade
Upvote 0

Abusaade

Aug 22, 2010
Compton, Ca
Name
Ahmad
Boat
none
The boat is fishy and the captain and crew are great. Those qualities make a great combo for fishing. I fish with a group that charters this boat every year

It is a small boat though. The boat is only 55’X15’. It seems quick and is able to get you where the fish are.

I love this boat and crew. They work hard and will do everything they can to put you on fish. The boat holds plenty of bait for 1.5-2.5 day trips. They will fill the slammer with bait as well. Boat drifts stern first and the tuna shuffle is the way to go when not on the pick.

The following is not a criticism, just my observations as I do love this boat. We fished 17 guys. The boat was completely full with 17 guys, no extra bunks. The boat fishes better with a few less guys. 14 is optimal.

There is very little room to sit on the boat. Deck space will be taken by tackle and gear. Best tip you will receive is to bring a small folding camp chair to sit on between spots and when under steam. There is seating for 6 in the galley comfortably, 8 if you squeeze. Food is great. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day.

Bunks are standard, if not a bit small. Very little room in bunk area. Best to bring fewer guys so there are a few open bunks to store your stuff. Bring your own pillow and bedding.

Plenty of space for rods.

Good luck. Hope you have a great trip. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you .

Reactions: Plus One
Upvote 0