late report Sunday 9/15 limits of yellows 9 - 182

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by socaldieseltech, Sep 19, 2013.

1. socaldieseltech

socaldieseltech Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Clyde
    Boat:
    25' Wellcraft Coastal "No Reason"
    16 miles from mission bay to fish dope #'s west of the 9 but short of the 182. Lots of life on the way out. Got to the #'s where the airplane spotted a big Kelp the day before. Found a trashcan lid size and it was empty. About 1/2 mile away I see a Parker that keeps resetting. Fuck they must be on it. Idle on over and ask on the radio , how you guys doing on that Parker? guy picks up the radio and starts waving us in and says " wide open...come on". I've got 3 yellowtail virgins on my boat, one of which is my 8 year old son. So I set up the drift. throw some chunk, baits in the water and everyone is bent!! fuck yea!!!! we drifted about 4 times and got our limits before the circus showed up and shut it down, which is a shame, because if people would just drift and not park ON the paddy and feel the need to back down on it, there woulda been plenty for everyone. Guys on the Parker came over and we thanked them. Thanks again Paul. Epic day.

I had my ass kicked getting this boat dialed in, way too much money and had to ask myself if it was worth it. It was. Here's my 8 year olds journal entry. I guess you could say it's his report!

#1 day fishing. Dads boat. 19 yellowtail. Feel sick, don't feel sick. Fish pull hard. Blood everywhere. Bait: squid & sardines. Saw dolphins. Seths surf shop crowded (Seth's surf shop is the cabin below, where he serves us food and drinks). Woke up at 3am. Long drive (mission bay) dad, joe, Kyle, me, wildfin (boat), big blue (dads truck) , big waves.

2. finishright

finishright Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Mike Morris
    Boat:
    prowler kayak
    Both reports are great WTG

3. kersuet

kersuet Newbie

Name:
    No Thanx
    Boat:
    Center Console 20'
    It was worth it. The money question will be long forgotten a decade from now but the memory will be pretty firmly implanted. You can wait until you can "afford it" to create memories like that with your family/kids...but by then they'll be in highschool.

4. fishnbob

fishnbob Spongebob wannabe

Name:
    bob
    Boat:
    Nope
    So stoked for your son!! Well I guess Joe too. Looking forward to our trip!

5. ecole51

ecole51 Newbie

Name:
    eric
    Boat:
    none
    8 year old's report made it all worth it. Great job dad.

6. momaguro

momaguro Member

Name:
    David
    Boat:
    Pequod
    The more the kids get out in the wild the harder school becomes which in the big scheme of things is all for the better. Priceless memories for the family.

7. socaldieseltech

socaldieseltech Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Clyde
    Boat:
    25' Wellcraft Coastal "No Reason"
    what??? Lol stay in school kids!