MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Headed out early with my buddys Ed and Cesar, with high hopes based on the latest intel. Not as flat out as it was on Saturday....but very manageable seas let us travel south at 25 knots. Water temp nearly 63 degrees out north of North Island.

Metered around a bit, and soon found some schools of yellows but they were not in a biting mood. Probably because they were traveling around pretty fast......I couldn't stay on them. After about an hour of that, I decided to just set up on one of the rocks I have marked out there and let them swim into us.

So, we proceeded to do what we do best, murder Reds and Lings. :D After we had a few in the boat, Mr. Knothead showed up and proceeded to give us a lesson on fishing.... :rolleyes: ......er, stealing. Not good......just after he finished up a bit red swiped off of Ed, I saw the yellows swim under us.....so Cesar and I both cranked our jigs up like madmen, and both hooked up. YES! definately the right kind......but with mr Knothead around, it wasn't looking good. Mine was still running when Cesar's rod doubled over his yellow was southbound on the furbag train......

soon I was making good progress on my fish when the seal broke Cesar off and showed him his would be catch.....so I just kept winding......and winding.........and then, just as I saw deep color, the GD furbag made a mad dash for the boat. I panicked and buttoned down the drag, seeing it as my only hope of landing it, but it was not to be.

.......at least the &^$%^* furbag didn't get him.

anyway, we went 0 for 3 on the right kind, all on jigs. (Ed's, of course) :D

HUGE NOTE TO SELF: TURN THE GOPRO ON WHEN YOU START FISHING! :zelfmoord

trolled around north island for nada, to shake off the large group of furbags now surrounding the boat.....came back to point A and got some more bottom dwellers.

headed home, decided to stop on some #'s at the south 9 proper, saw the Premier sitting on the rock I wanted to fish, so I went WAY around him and stopped on another rock there. (there are 8 or 10 spots there within a mile or so of each other.) Anyway, I picked one about a quarter mile from them...range rings don't lie.....and dropped the jigs while we filled out our paperwork. Fish weren't biting there anyway, but as we were about to leave, the Premier heads right at me, cuts about 50' off my stern and gets on his PA system to tell me "you guys need to learn some boating etiquette" and something about "never stop upswell of another boat." :shake: I guess a quarter of a mile isn't far enough away....... LOL

(maybe right if we were TUNA fishing, but we were NOT, and either was he.)

I didn't feed the troll..... cause I'm waiting to tell him :finger::nopity::finger: in person.

Finished the day with limits of reds, lings and other stuff.....biggest barber pole I have ever seen.....and a nice size sheepie from 375'? :)

Another great day out there.....next up: SUPER COW for Mikey. (OK, a regular COW would work just fine......)

:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Miss Fitz

Call me Captain
Mar 4, 2013
San Diego
fuck-you-and-the-horse-you-rode-in-on.com
Name
Vince
Boat
26' TwinVee Pilot House
Saw you guys out there...may have even been talking to you at one point on VHF about reds SW of north island...but I got issues with that POS VHF and couldn't transmit very far
:cussing:

We ended up hooking 3 yt and landing two just over 20lbs. The only reason we even got those fish is I intentionally kept a couple of bonies to throw out once the fucking dogs got on us. We went 2 for 3 using that trick.

Fucking furbags.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
375 feet seems deep for sheepshead.
Im starting to get a little rockfish itchy.
Cheers!

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Thanks Mike......Those knotheads are only getting better at their crime as long as Sea World keeps saving em! On the positive side, I bet a fur ball won't touch your cow!

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt
Upvote 0

johnny12fish

Jun 12, 2003
san diego
Visit site
Name
johnny
Boat
Yours
Don't know if you know the "Troll" and are just joking around I would hope so. I think he was being very polite in the way he addressed you. How ever if you do not know the "Troll" and are not joking around please be careful what makes you laugh just might make you cry. Just saying, fair winds and following seas.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2007
Vista, CA
www.linkedin.com
Name
Christopher Davis
Boat
Prowler 13
Next Time he complains or you see him, and the bite is hot, go up current and take big dump over the rails so it'll chum his line...

Upvote 0

prater

Almost A Member
Oct 16, 2007
lake havasu city, AZ
Name
michael
Boat
luhrs 30 open, "Arms Wide Open"
So, we all know you can't go down swell of a sport boat, as it's in the chum line (I've been an idiot and done that). Now you can't go 1/4 mile upswell, either? Soon we're not allowed to go out at all...

Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
  • Apr 24, 2005
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    You spot poaching MF. LOL.
    Sounds like a good trip to me.
    Good fishing & entertainment in the afternoon. Can't ask for more.
    Got to imagine he'll be at FH.

Upvote 0

steelhead88

Marriage is not a word; it is a sentence!
    Aug 18, 2008
    Ventura
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    GRAYLIGHT- Custom 23' Aluminum Pilothouse
    Great read, sounds like several moments of frustration but you made the best out of it. Good job keeping your cool, damn sporties piss me off too when they think this great playground in our backyard is theirs.

Reactions: Jr.
    Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
    HB
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Line up
    Sad. They are not all like that!! As you know!! Plenty of great skippers who would never of said a thing. Anyway enjoy your trip. I just did mine on RR3 some nice cows on our trip!! I had a chance at a bruiser. But it bite at 11;00 pm and about 12:30 died. Huge seas. And at two hour mark the sharks got me. Did get a 180 and lots of nice ones. But had a blast eating and playing cards in between great fishing. Andy and crew awesome as ever!!

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
    Feb 24, 2003
    East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
    Name
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    Don't know if you know the "Troll" and are just joking around I would hope so. I think he was being very polite in the way he addressed you. How ever if you do not know the "Troll" and are not joking around please be careful what makes you laugh just might make you cry. Just saying, fair winds and following seas.

........I think I hear a clicker........LOL

Since you either know him, or ARE him.............be "careful" of what, Willis?

You missed my point, which was that your action was completely unwarranted. It was rather amusing, however.
    Do you think I really give a shit what you think? :shake:

....you have a nice (half) day now.......

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    Nothing like taking week old drama on the high seas, and bring it to the WWW. :puff:

Upvote 0

johnny12fish

Jun 12, 2003
    san diego
    Visit site
    Name
    johnny
    Boat
    Yours
    Nothing like taking week old drama on the high seas, and bring it to the WWW. :puff:
    ........I think I hear a clicker........LOL

Since you either know him, or ARE him.............be "careful" of what, Willis?

You missed my point, which was that your action was completely unwarranted. It was rather amusing, however.
    Do you think I really give a shit what you think? :shake:

....you have a nice (half) day now.......
    Ok Rolland Martin got your red hills on

Upvote 0