DaKanati

Captain
Mar 17, 2009
belfair,washington
Name
Josh
Boat
272 Sailfish "ManCave"
Well, we decided to run for tuna on Tuesday the 16th out of Westport. The weather wasn't looking like a lake but it really wasn't looking that bad either. The morning started off a little late crossing the bar at 8:20 and the ocean had a decent swell but the wind was minimal. About 7 or 8 miles before arriving to our spot the weather started disintegrating! By the time we were about a mile shy of the 125 line down around 46.32 I slowed the Mancave down to troll speed and said lets get the lines wet before we totally get blown off! This was probably the worst weather Ive had my boat in since I bought it 2 years ago and really didn't expect to even be able to fish, but 30 seconds after the 1st cedar plug hit the water zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz fish on! From there on out it was pretty much bait stop for 30-40 minutes, troll for two then bait stop again! We only brought one scoop of bait and 3 hours after started we were out of bait with 27 fish in the boat! Since it was still rougher than shit we decided to head in so we could get fuel for the next trip. I honestly think we could of kept trolling and hitting fish the rest of the day. They would hit anything we put on the troll rods, cedar plugs, xraps, any color. One fish even smashed a cedar plug that was hanging and dangling from the outrigger! On the way in the water smoothed out and cruised about 25. Great day

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 148

silver slayer

I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this
May 12, 2009
kitsap county
Name
Josh
Boat
25' starcraft expedition
shit yea! fresh tuna, a bud light is and a stellar crew is there anything better.

Team Sency

Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
Jan 6, 2012
Black Diamond
Name
Chris
Boat
JuiceBox2
Awesome Josh!!! Worth getting the crap kicked out of you and great buddy to make sure Captain Cave Man(didn't go as well with Man Cave) could have a few brews!

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Heard from another boat that plugged too. Triples and even a quad on troll. Nice going for you!

Shaka760

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 16, 2007
Carlsbad, Ca
Name
Craig Taylor
Boat
2007 Nitro 482
(I honestly think we could of kept trolling and hitting fish the rest of the day. They would hit anything we put on the troll rods, cedar plugs, xraps, any color. One fish even smashed a cedar plug that was hanging and dangling from the outrigger!)

-No shit, they're hungry from all that swimming right past us in here so-cal(again)...:finger: