Late report for the 9th

ifishinxs

Mar 29, 2003
Cedar City, Utah
Name
Bob
Boat
Waders
Got in the water at SI at 0500ish...."jail Bait" left about 40 min's before I arrived and headed to the 302. The wind was blowing early and as I approached the #'s I could see the water blasting off the front of the a boat in front of me it was "jail bait"....His radio was on the Fritz so we passed off the little walkie talkie deals..They dont' work worth a crap past a half mile.

I started on a line to the 425...The water was 68....To cold in my Opinon for the Dorado so I keep hopes out that we would find a kelp holding...I put both guys up in the tower...a couple miles later my spotter missed the kelp and I caught it out of the corner of my eye...I tucked up under it just down swell and all three of us go bendo!!!Two YT in the 12lb class and one rat released. Pulled back up and 'JB" figured we where hooked up and cruised on over for two fish...We got one more then headed on out to find another kelp...5 miles later my fish spotters find another kelp. This one had Dorado and YT on it..I pulled a 15lb plus fish. The Dorado went south..."JB" came over for nada.....The wind was still blowing good....Made the # to the 425 for not Jack!....Trolled toward South Island...Not one kelp to be seen...I heard a few guys catching down toward the pile..Did'nt want to make the run with the wind blowing then making the uphill run home...I wandered over to the North end of North Island, the PB's had run here to escape the wind. I saw a few boats hook up on the drift...We cleaned the boat and headed for the barn at 1300.......back in the parking lot at 1355...

Total catch for the Day two YT around 12lbs and three in the 15lb plus catagory...

JBait

Selfish Bastard
May 1, 2003
Hemet
Visit site
Name
Ole
Boat
Davis Bahia 25
Its nice to put the nose of the Davis into the swell and feel nothing but the rolling swell go under the boat, and stay completely dry. Thanks for calling us in, our biggest was 19 pounds on the digital. Hope the guy (Mike or Joe) on your port side had slickers on during the ride home. fish?:

EL JEFE

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 7, 2004
Inland Empire
Name
"EL JEFE"
Boat
1988 Arima Sea Sprinter
Nice work out there and thanks for posting!!