Late Report But Cool Video - YFT 277

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by gclance, Oct 17, 2016.

1. gclance

gclance Member

Name:
    Garrett
    Boat:
    21 1/2ft., Robalo
    Hi guys. Fished near the 277 on Friday and absolutely smacked the quality YFT. Went 6 for 7. All fish were in the 25-30lb class. All fish were caught on small flylined sardines and 20lb fluorocarbon with a small #1 circle hook. They would only bite the hottest baits in the tank and they needed to be collar hooked. The nose hooked baits were not getting touched.

Below is a link to our video footage. This footage is relatively uncut and we cuss like pirates on the boat so this one may not be a good pick if you have little kids listening. I know its really long but at the very least check out the last 5 min. The best footage is at the end where we got killer underwater shots of me landing the biggest fish of the day. Enjoy!

IMG_0322.JPG IMG_0323.JPG IMG_0325.JPG IMG_0334.JPG IMG_0336.JPG IMG_0327.JPG IMG_0331.JPG

FISHINPOC, Zika, Radical Ross and 4 others like this.
  2. Steve Francis

Steve Francis Member

Name:
    StephenKatSea
    Boat:
    .--.
    Nice vid. You're correct, it is long. Track ended up with "Crystal Blue Persuasion", great song from a different era, Tommy James and the Shondells. Really? Lots of BS around about that song. No, it was not about meth or surf or fishing. Actually it had a biblical meaning, James and his group had recently became devout Christians and it was their interpretation of some Bible passages. Anyway, Great Oct catch. Keep gettin' em.

Philligan and Abusaade like this.
  3. Paddyman1

Paddyman1 I love pangas

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    N/A
    That's a nice day! Fish and weather alike.

As soon as I get an extra 50 minutes I will watch the rest of the vid.

Haly0 likes this.
  4. gclance

gclance Member

Name:
    Garrett
    Boat:
    21 1/2ft., Robalo
    Yeah I have always liked that song. For some reason it just popped in my head and i thought the lyrics were fitting because that water is most certainly crystal blue! :cheers:

5. Tunahead

Tunahead Long Time Tuna Abused Member

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    several
    Nice load guys. Solid work! LOL

6. Abusaade

Abusaade Member

Great show you guys . Really enjoyed it . Thanks