JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
Friday was the day on the calendar I had been waiting on for the last 3 weeks. Weather good, honey-do's complete, boat running great and no little League coaching duties, called a few friends and set it up. Left Haleiwa at 6 headed to the cages to catch some bait, no luck (my #'s were off and by the time we setup on the cage the bait was scattered). No problem, first fishing trip since I'd been back from Afghanistan and I just wanted to get to fishing. Head out to the II with whales breaching all around us (doesn't get old). At the II no birds and nothing on the finder. Decide to run outside a little longer before heading to the X, about 2 miles outside of the II find 4 nice working bird piles:). First pass nice Mahi and small kine Shibi. Fish were feeding on small (2" minnows and shrimp), we found some rubbish and a floating net loaded with small schoolie Mahi. We reconfigured the spread with some smaller stuff (jet heads, billy baits and chuggers)and worked the piles all by our lonesome for 4 hours.:2gunsfiring_v1:On one of the passes we saw a couple of bigger fish but the schoolies were relentless, handed calvin the sailfish catcher ballyhoo combo lure and told him to put it out, he gave me the (that thing wont catch shit look) but sent it out. 15 seconds latter a nice cow mahi enhaled it:rofl:. Ended up keeping 5 Mahi and 3 shibi, released all the small fish, action packed morning for sure. I had lost sight of the net:Dynamite:and was just about to call it a day when we saw a boat hanging out to the north of us. We figured he was on it and we had enough so why not just head in. By pure chance and a desire to tangle with some more fish we luckily headed back to the net. As we make our way up we see the guys waving like crazy, so we make our way in a little closer and find out that thier steering cable had broken in half. Setup a tow bridle and haul the boys back to the harbor. Had a little fun letting them know that an Army helo pilot was towing in 2 Coast Guardsmen. Great day fishing, blood on the decks, fish in the box, and able to help out some fellow fishermen in need.

vr Joe

Attachments

Hij

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2011
Mililani HI
Name
Jason Hijirida
Boat
25 Force, PAIGE H
Awesome day. Heard about the rubbish out there! Water looked way nicer than Saturday. That's super cool to tow those guys in.

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Joe and crew,
Glad you got out; icing on the cake was plenty of action. Cool on the assist...
Good on ya!

Cheers
Pat

Morris Lures

Pirate
Feb 17, 2010
Mililani, Hawaii
Name
Nick
Boat
FORCE 21
Welcome home and good going on your first trip back. Nothing like fresh fish for dinner.

Jus10

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 27, 2010
Wahiawa
Name
Jus10
Boat
Kimi-Some
always feels good to help out others in need...awesome