Late Report 4/22 Cat

AlbieBack

Mar 1, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Esi Liege
Boat
25 Wellcraft Coastal
Sorry it is late. Plagued with a busy schedule and exhausted from the trip. Headed over to cat Friday afternoon. Made bait pretty quick on the frontside and started around west when my crew smells something burning. Oh god its electrical the worst. One guy says he saw a short in the dash area so I proceed to take the dash apart. Go for my flashlight and its dead. Meanwhile Im at the isthmus and trying to avoid putting myself right onto bird rock and or ship rock so I steer way outside. Crack open a glow stick left over from lobster season and use that as a light source. Turns out bow bilge burned up and shorted out. Disconnected it and we were good. Ran around the back and set up in a secret spot. Had a few short seabass and several short halibut. In the gray at 4 am we had one good go around on the bigger grade fish only to dump them in the kelp off the point. Next time Ill remember to set the drag first. Ended up with several sheephead to 15 lbs a trophy in my book. All in all a trip to be forgotten about but I did learn something as always. Have more than 1 flashlight onboard and set your drags at home before the trip dummy.

Squid Vicious

me vale verga
Feb 17, 2004
So Cal
bloodydecks
Name
Manuel Frias
Boat
none for now
......................hailed you around 11 pm and got no response , maybe next time , glad everything was cool after you found the prob..........

tsurikichi

Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Name
Ron
Boat
10' 2 1/64"
Hi AlbieBack,

Great board handle! :) Maybe I'm saying the obvious but ..... I got on line and bought some of those flashlights that you simply give a minutes worth of shake to charge it's led's. Good clean light ... water resistant, floats, no dead batteries.

Caution: Just get the larger foot long ones if you need to do something more than just get out of somewhere. Bigger is better.

tsurikichi

Squid Vicious

me vale verga
Feb 17, 2004
So Cal
bloodydecks
Name
Manuel Frias
Boat
none for now
...............bigger is better when it comes to fleshlights

IT'LL DO

Apr 14, 2005
LONG BEACH
Name
TAYLOR
Boat
21,TRIUMPH,IT'LL DO
15LB GOAT.. I CALL BS W/O PICS...:nutkick:

seaswirl2101

May 12, 2004
La Habra
Name
Dave
Boat
21, seaswirl cuddy cabin
Thanks for the report...kinda sucks with issues like that, glad everything worked out ok!

HEADHUNTER

Jun 14, 2005
E.L.A
Name
ALEX
Boat
AT THE BOTTOM OF PACIFIC
U SHOULD OF HAD A CAMERA OF STICK FIGURINES AT LEAST .

AlbieBack

Mar 1, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Esi Liege
Boat
25 Wellcraft Coastal
IT'LL DO said:
15LB GOAT.. I CALL BS W/O PICS...:nutkick:
Trust me it is impressive. I will post but it will take time. It was on a throw away cam. Digital was with my sis at Judo Nationals in Texas. I know better to say no or she'll probably do some judo crap to me.

AlbieBack

Mar 1, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Esi Liege
Boat
25 Wellcraft Coastal
Tight Lines HH said:
Maybe spend more time on the boat and not at work !
I WILL HAVE EVERYBODY KNOW HERE AT BLOODY DECKS THIS IS MY BOSS AND BY THE LOOKS OF THIS HE IS GIVING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO PASS ON WORK AND FISH MORE. SO I THINK HE HAS A DEAL. THANKS BOSSMAN

AlbieBack

Mar 1, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Esi Liege
Boat
25 Wellcraft Coastal
Squid Vicious said:
......................hailed you around 11 pm and got no response , maybe next time , glad everything was cool after you found the prob..........
DUDE !!!! I Hailed you all damn day. Where the F were you. I had plenty of squid to pass too. How did you end up.